Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Penguin update synopsis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chippyb - thanks, to be honest I don't even know if they are no follow or do follow but I'll check later. Not sure whether there would be an easy way to change them all to no follow if they are currently do follow.

If its wordpress there are plugins for it, for standard html I havent got a clue

If its wordpress there are plugins for it, for standard html I havent got a clue

Yeah it's Wordpress thankfully. I just checked and there isn't a nofollow before all the links to amazon products :(

Anyone have any recommendations or a WP plugin?

I'd like a plugin that would allow me to enter a website and then automatically nofollows all of those links on the site, eg: amazon.com

Thanks.

Yeah it's Wordpress thankfully. I just checked and there isn't a nofollow before all the links to amazon products :(

Anyone have any recommendations or a WP plugin?

I'd like a plugin that would allow me to enter a website and then automatically nofollows all of those links on the site, eg: amazon.com

Thanks.

amzon links are blocked in their own robots text - no need to nofollow

To make wordpress no follow use this
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nofollowr/

301ing from a penalised domain to a new one will transfer the penalty within a 6 weeks.It has to be done from a clean aged domain.Yes your rankings will return or close to it for a little while but the new will get hit sooner or later,you can of course simply keep setting up new sites.if you do this give the aged domain nothing but high quality backlinks and you'll be able to do this all day long.

To make wordpress no follow use this
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nofollowr/

301ing from a penalised domain to a new one will transfer the penalty within a 6 weeks.It has to be done from a clean aged domain.Yes your rankings will return or close to it for a little while but the new will get hit sooner or later,you can of course simply keep setting up new sites.if you do this give the aged domain nothing but high quality backlinks and you'll be able to do this all day long.

just 301 or webmaster tools address change?

<?
Header( HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
Header( "Location: http://www.new-url.com" );
?>

Put this code in your header before everything else.If you use wordpress got to appearances,editor,open your header php and place the code at the very top of the page.
If you're talking webmaster tools,don't do it from there!You can do it from your cpanel UI as well if you prefer.

<?
Header( HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
Header( "Location: http://www.new-url.com" );
?>

Put this code in your header before everything else.If you use wordpress got to appearances,editor,open your header php and place the code at the very top of the page.
If you're talking webmaster tools,don't do it from there!You can do it from your cpanel UI as well if you prefer.

thanks. I know how to implement 301 just wandered if doing 301 and change address in Google webmaster tools will benefit or harm this temporary rankings return

thanks. I know how to implement 301 just wandered if doing 301 and change address in Google webmaster tools will benefit or harm this temporary rankings return

Less google knows the better

Really? Didn't know that. So there's not much I can do to get back on to page 1 I suppose.

Well there is and it's to get some good links that google will trust - easier said than done as I know too well.

Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom