Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Please appraise my website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Please appraise my website InMCR.co.uk

I am currently getting around 400-500 visitors per day but these are mainly from Twitter as I have over 124,000 followers.

What I want to achieve is more visitors directed from Google search, is there anything you can suggest to help me do this?

I only installed the xml sitemap plugin today so this may help a bit.

Also is there anything about the layout that needs to be changed iyo?

Also if I were to sell the website what value would I be looking at, if any?

R

Jon

Very hard to value just from your post.

Does it make any money?

If all the traffic is coming from twitter the domain itself isn't worth anything, since you could just change the domain on your bio and the new one would get the same traffic.

Social media traffic isn't the best, unspecific and usually very high bounce rate.

The sites content seems very thin, and what is on there is copied from other sites, so nothing unique.

If all your twitter followers are real someone who has a site related to manchester might want to take it over.

So twitter maybe worth something, but the site atm, no.

Excellent that you have so many Twitter followers, but as you're following 66k, are most of them are as a result of automated following?

I actually caught inmanchester.co.uk recently with the intention of doing something like yours, my friends miriam and ann-maries do lots of the club / bar photography, and a few other mates do lots of promoting work, but its low on my list.

If you can get custom/original photo's, and add unique reviews and content each place, then you may get more google love but need lotta content. Your categories need work too, half dozen master categories and then break them down, so like food/restaurants/chinese food/takeaways/indian, attractions/museums/ events/theater/ events/concerts etc.

Also need to work on methods of automation, looks like lots of manual work now, so need a way to automate it.

If the Twitter account was legit you'd be getting far more interaction from users. If you're asking a direct question to your followers like for example:

In Manchester ‏@InMCR Jan 1
It's that time of year again #NewYearsResolution! What's your NYR for 2014? #Manchester

Then your 124k followers should certainly generate more than 2 replies.

Likewise with retweets - pretty much nothing you put out is being tweeted by more than 3-4 people. Its painfully obvious why this is - your followers are either not real, or they are real but in accounts that are not used in any normal way. ie if someone trades follows etc and has thousands of people like this, they couldn't possibly follow their own time line or retweet / respond to anything at all.

If the Twitter account was legit you'd be getting far more interaction from users. If you're asking a direct question to your followers like for example:

It's that time of year again #NewYearsResolution! What's your NYR for 2014? #Manchester

Likewise with retweets - pretty much nothing you put out is being tweeted by more than 3-4 people. Its painfully obvious why this is - your followers are either not real, or they are real but in accounts that are not used in any normal way. ie if someone trades follows etc and has thousands of people like this, they couldn't possibly follow their own time line or retweet / respond to anything at all.
Surely people wouldn’t buy followers that simply isn’t cricket ;)

Many Thanks for your positive comments. I think I will change the categories, Do you have any suggested format? I find it difficult to choose/organise Also the manual entry can take a while so automating this in the future will be something I definitely look at.

Jon

Of course it's legit, what would I achieve from having 'fake' followers? I know I don't interact with them as good as I should and could get far more from them, but I assure you they are 100% real. Correct when you say I couldn't possibly read all tweets by everyone in my timeline but it is very easy to see @interactions/replies. I keep a list of all the accounts I want to follow on a separate Twitter account. I made the mistake very early on by following everyone who followed me, regardless of who they were, this is why I follow 60k.

I'm not saying they're fake - I'm saying they're not legit in that they never interact with you.

Why are you following 60,000+ people? Was it to ensure they follow you back? No need to answer that actually, we know thats why you done it.

It gave you a nice headline figure of twitter fans... but in reality they are worthless. As demonstrated by their complete lack of interaction with you.

If it were me I'd delete all but 100 of the ones I actually wanted to follow, and see how many unfollow you in return, then take it from there. If anyone unfollows you who doesnt read their own timeline - they were worth less than nothing to you in the first place. With the negative value coming from showing advertisers you likely have something fishy going on with your twitter acc.

I actually caught inmanchester.co.uk recently with the intention of doing something like yours, my friends miriam and ann-maries do lots of the club / bar photography, and a few other mates do lots of promoting work, but its low on my list.

If you can get custom/original photo's, and add unique reviews and content each place, then you may get more google love but need lotta content. Your categories need work too, half dozen master categories and then break them down, so like food/restaurants/chinese food/takeaways/indian, attractions/museums/ events/theater/ events/concerts etc.

Also need to work on methods of automation, looks like lots of manual work now, so need a way to automate it.

As inmanchester.co.uk is low on your list would you be interested in selling it?

if I had a pound for every person here who 'was going to develop their domain but doesn't have time' I'd probably be a millionaire.
Domain = $0-$5
Selling price = domain + (multiple x revenue)
The multiple can be as low as 6 months - it can be as high as 10 years.
BTW traffic is irrelevant - what's the sales?

if I had a pound for every person here who 'was going to develop their domain but doesn't have time' I'd probably be a millionaire.

But I'm sure most of them really do have plans to develop hundreds of domains....... :p

Gotta pick and choose your fights in developing Rob. Sometimes a good prospect today turns out to be a loser (or bigger/harder than expected) when you square off, of course you can keep going at it but you often end up looking silly and more than not out of pocket. I think this is where the fabled pile many of us talk about comes from ;)

Last edited:
n0WUR8C.jpg

Follower numbers is a pointless metric unless a high % click and engage on a regular basis.

n0WUR8C.jpg

Follower numbers is a pointless metric unless a high % click and engage on a regular basis.

I really don't understand what the problem is?

What are you trying to prove with the image?

I was a little shocked to see that I had 14% fake followers (especially has I hadn't bought any), then I checked the Manchester Tourism board Twitter account @visit_mcr and discovered they had 12% fake followers and more inactive users than my Twitter acc. Then I discovered that the website that you used to get your info offers to remove your 'fake' followers for a 'registration'.

Please do not reply, the questions above are rhetorical.

Regards

Jon

End.

@ Martin, I checked earlier and it was this site:

http://fakers.statuspeople.com/Fakers/V/1

I thought I'd check my own while I was there, not that I give much credence to these type of tools, but anyway, out of my 6,379 followers:

Fake 2%
Inactive 37%
Good 61%

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom