Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Sale: cider.co.uk (2,679 GBP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the personal integrity part but surely that applies more to private sales.

If you are using an intermediary like Sedo who are doing a crap job on your behalf, basically unresponsive and all very mirky with regards to .uk then it's not really poor business practice to withdraw from a deal I don't think.

You posted the auction under the assumption they were going to use their clout to bring in serious bidders and clarify things to buyers. They failed to deliver IMO.

Regardless of Sedo's shoddy performance, it would not be right nor fair to punish the buyer who placed his bids in good faith.

Regardless of Sedo's shoddy performance, it would not be right nor fair to punish the buyer who placed his bids in good faith.

Agreed if you felt Sedo let you down you would have to direct action at them.

On a side note if these guys ever take there product to market the buyer might have got a very good deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27470920

I agree with the personal integrity part but surely that applies more to private sales.

If you are using an intermediary like Sedo who are doing a crap job on your behalf, basically unresponsive and all very mirky with regards to .uk then it's not really poor business practice to withdraw from a deal I don't think.

You posted the auction under the assumption they were going to use their clout to bring in serious bidders and clarify things to buyers. They failed to deliver IMO.

Exactly. If Sedo are going to act as a middle man and take a large slice of the pie, then its their job to answer very basic questions. As an interested party for both cider and tequila, I can say right now they didn't manage that. As soon as they don't manage to do what you're paying them to do then I don't feel there is any moral obligation to continue.

Except he would have his account closed? Sure there'd be no legal consequences though.

Does it sound like he wants to use Sedo again ? :lol:

That's a fabulous pair - the coupon/voucher market is a very lucrative one. Perhaps have a chat to DougS if you've not already done so?

Sorry but thats a niche that anyone attempting to enter now has missed the boat on. The boat is so far gone, you can't even see which way it went.

Panda, Penguin and then Google favouring brands have absolutely wiped out all but the biggest of players. Google luck competing against anyone with Google investment in them too (voucher/codes/co/uk)

A few years ago anyone could have set up a voucher site and make a few thousand £ a day. Look at dougs site - when both myself and him had a voucher site his was far bigger than mines and its effectively wiped out now by Google.

As I explained, it was a test. I deliberately didn't list my best .co.uk domains!

And the integrity thing is just my personal moral code. There's no way I would have pulled out once a sale had been agreed.

It was perhaps a bad time to test - it was obvious from the auction being announced that they had failed to take any consideration of the .uk issue and that was going to have a huge knock on effect on bids/prices.

I assume in the future they will need to resolve this - they're effectively finished as a UK sales platform if they don't.

Exactly. If Sedo are going to act as a middle man and take a large slice of the pie, then its their job to answer very basic questions. As an interested party for both cider and tequila, I can say right now they didn't manage that. As soon as they don't manage to do what you're paying them to do then I don't feel there is any moral obligation to continue.

A contract is a contract, whatever your moral failings.

Withdrawing would open the seller to legal action - and at that level it would be worth taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom