Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

So who's a good .com registrar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So who do you use to register your .coms with and can you recommend them?

Thanks, Luke

I use idotz.net - probably more out of habit as they always have a large array of extensions that they offer you when a .com is taken. Plus their interface is a breeze as is payment.

I use Dynadot and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, having used any number of com registrars since 99.

I have always used moniker.com for my non .uk domains (which is around half a dozen now!) and always found them spot on.

I always remember a couple of people talking on dnf saying that although moniker weren't as cheap as others they were reliable and secure.

Yeah Moniker aren't bad either, but the interface can be a bit annoying if you have a lot of names.

Fabulous are also ok, but they only do bigger accounts.

I use Dynadot and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them

Same here, I have a Dynadot account that I use for anything that isn't .co.uk, I love the Dynadot control panel, they offer great support as well, no messing about.

I use GoDaddy.com and have been pleased with the service. They were price competitive when I first started regging domains ... probably still are. The site looks a little crowded but the management interface is good. When buying domains the site design can seem a little in your face and distracting but you do get used to it. When you phone them, the support staff are helpful and polite. I think they're fairly decent.

Rgds

Last edited:
I use GoDaddy.com and have been pleased with the service. They were price competitive when I first started regging domains ... probably still are. The site looks a little crowded but the management interface is good. When you phone them, the support staff are helpful and polite. I think they're fairly decent.

Rgds

Not sure if the godaddy control panel has changed recently but it used to be awful!

Thanks everyone for your replies.

My current one is failing to reply to tickets and I'm fed up with that.

Cheers, Luke

I use GoDaddy mostly because their prices DESTROY all their competition with the kinda malice that would make the predator and alien look at each other and go Daaaaaaang Blood!

With a discount code and a reasonable exchange rate (I converted lots of £ to $ in paypal while the rate was good just to pay godaddy, and it works out about £3.90 per year, even at current exchange rates its about £4.50. I don't think paypal money hurts as much as real money either :p

Not sure if the godaddy control panel has changed recently but it used to be awful!

They seem to change it on a daily basis! They release new versions all the time... I remember the days when the control panel was terrible, it is much improved now.

I also use Dynadot and Moniker but am consolidating all of my domains over to GoDaddy because I like the interface and as Skinner says, they are very very cheap - there are always voucher codes to be had if you know where to look :)

Rich :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom