Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

started a business on back of domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone started a physical business on the back of a domain catch?

Do you mean bricks and mortar or online shops ?

I have a few that I turned into an online business where I carry physical stock and have the postman collect my mail and stuff. I have various domains into the same business sector as well. All which started with a catch, that gathered alot of interest (oddly I since sold the name and put it on a generic :)

Most if not all my affiliate businesses start this way, the domain purchase first, putting up either a full site or a mini site with affiliate links and some promotion. Usually with the view of just covering the domain cost, some then take off others struggle to make me the £6 reg fee...

Affiliate marketing, not a physical shop but still my part time business.

I meant sort of bricks n mortar. Either setup a shop or office as opposed to a website. Or purchased stock/equipment.

I caught a domain recently where i'm contemplating setting up a business which will involve purchasing machinery/stock etc... but just curious if others have done so.

I know we all setup websites.

I'm currently contemplating setting up an ecommerce store off the back of a domain I caught, have sent out enquiries to an American firm and have rough guestimates on how much I can get the stock from China/Taiwan. Never done anything like it before!

I bought Mountain Bike which would make a good name for a particular business but the competition out there is massive, a niche product I thin would be better

There has to be enormous benefits for a new real world business having an already established generic term as their domain name, and it runs out cheaper in the long run as they save on advertising. So initial set up costs are higher ( domain probably costs 1500 to 7500 pounds ) but success is more likely providing of course that all the other business necessaries are in place and, if all else fails you still have a valuable asset in the generic term domain name. WIN WIN Situation.

I try to avoid real world businesses as I would much rather run an affiliate marketing business where overheads are low.

Rgds

Not me, but two of my clients did. A while ago I put some B2B solution for them and then they moved from a "sole agent" to LTD with actual offices. But it was B2B not B2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom