Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Todays Link Building Strategy

dee

Reaction score
I have a geo that i'm developing, and wondering what the best way forward is these days with link building strategies ? How do some of the experienced members on here approach it these days if you don't mind sharing some mojo ? Obviously gone are the days where you just throw a bucket load of rubbish links at a site and it'll stick.

For instance. Specific question. If I was looking to catch a domain that might help, should I be looking at amount of domain referrals over quantity of links ? And how about trust flow etc ?

Any advice appreciated.

Does your geo have obvious competitors? Because that would be the place to start, assuming that what you've developed is genuinely as good as or better than them.

Armed with the list of competing sites, you can reverse engineer their backlink profile and try and identify likely candidate sites that might link to you too.

As potential candidates go, you're looking for good quality sites that seem to have been updated reasonably recently. If in the specific context in which they link to competitor(s) it would make sense for them to link to you too, it's well worth dropping them a brief email to see if they'd be willing to.

It's probably as elusive as a unicorn, but the ideal niche is one with lots of sites competing badly for it, AND lots of other sites linking to those badly-competing ones. Because then you can strut in as bigger and better than the status quo, and start grabbing those links and mentions.

All of the above is predicated on having a high quality site to begin with - if it's just a few pages of reheated Wikipedia content or similar, then forget it!

Reactions: dee
Does your geo have obvious competitors? Because that would be the place to start, assuming that what you've developed is genuinely as good as or better than them.

Armed with the list of competing sites, you can reverse engineer their backlink profile and try and identify likely candidate sites that might link to you too.

As potential candidates go, you're looking for good quality sites that seem to have been updated reasonably recently. If in the specific context in which they link to competitor(s) it would make sense for them to link to you too, it's well worth dropping them a brief email to see if they'd be willing to.

It's probably as elusive as a unicorn, but the ideal niche is one with lots of sites competing badly for it, AND lots of other sites linking to those badly-competing ones. Because then you can strut in as bigger and better than the status quo, and start grabbing those links and mentions.

All of the above is predicated on having a high quality site to begin with - if it's just a few pages of reheated Wikipedia content or similar, then forget it!

Thanks @Edwin . Makes sense

BTW, the material's not been updated in over 10 years (naughty of me, I know!) but you might still find some of the info on http://www.incominglinks.com/ of benefit. If there's a directory that's in your niche but it's dead, you could try http://www.archive.org/ to see if they still have a copy. Directories can be very useful not just for getting a link, but for tracking down other competing/similar sites so that you can then examine their link profiles.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom