Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Transferring a Domain Privately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Please can someone explain to me the regular procedure from beginning to end of transferring a domain privately, without the use of Sedo or another domain broker.

Appreciated,

.net too

And, if there is a difference between .net and .com in this matter, .net too.

And, if there is a difference between .net and .com in this matter, .net too.

No difference between .com, .net, or .info etc

There are two ways of 'moving' a top level domain.

1. PUSH the domain to another account at the same registrar. This is very simple and takes a matter of minutes. You initiate a push from your account at your registrar to the recipient who has an account with the same registrar. They then accept the push (some registrars require transaction ID's to be inputted - these are normally sent via email).

2.TRANSFER the domain to a differnet registrar. This has more complications and the procedure varies depending on the registrar. Some can be a pain in the ass such as EuroDNS... It would normally involve unlocking the domain and providing the recipient with the auth code. They then initiate a transfer to their registrar. The registrar normally sends out transaction ID's that have to be inputted to authorise the transfer and then the auth code from the seller and then it can take up to 3-5 days to transfer in and you are then subject to a 60 day lock on the domain.

Hope i've explained that ok! :)

Rich :cool:

Payment

Thanks Rich!.

Is there a usual practice in terms of payment? Once a price is agreed upon, I assume the buyer pays - so that the seller receives the amount - before any transfer is done.

Thanks Rich!.

Is there a usual practice in terms of payment? Once a price is agreed upon, I assume the buyer pays - so that the seller receives the amount - before any transfer is done.

If you are the buyer you pay first. Its much like buying goods online. You pay for them before you recieve them in the post a few days later. Depending on the reputation of the buyer/seller it can work the other way. The buyer can request a push first before payment.

It really depends on the reputation of the seller. If it was someone that I knew on acorn or any other market venue that I had dealt with before that I trusted I would pay up front no problem. If it is someone you are not sure of or it is a large sum of money I advise you use an escrow service.

Rich :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom