Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

typo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here is a good example of a typo. If you check overture for thomson.com
(that the legit site) and then check overture for thompson.com (typo) what do you see ?.

DG

Why are you confused, thomsonfly.com is run by the well know travel firm,Thomsons, whereas thompsonfly.com is run by someone who registered it as a typo.

DG

domaingenius said:
Why are you confused, thomsonfly.com is run by the well know travel firm,Thomsons, whereas thompsonfly.com is run by someone who registered it as a typo.

DG
DG

In your first post you stated thompson.com (a legitimate site), not thomsonfly.com

That's what is confusing people

Doh !!!. Sorry about that. What i was pointing to was that the "legit" site thomsonfly.com gets less overture rating than thompsonfly.com which is a typo/mispelling. Nice one to get though !

DG

yer i saw an example of this today as well. the typo i found has 3x the overture score of the 'real' domain.

Yeh but the downside is that ,and he doesnt know this yet unless he reads this forum, that the real Thomsons are about to issue a writ against him for substantial damages . I guess that it depends on how much he has made as to whether or not he ends up making money. Risky biz, but potentially good returns,if you can avoid being sued.

DG

I see the thompsonfly.com has been changed to thomsonfly heading and a link to thomsonfly

Thats not going to help him, by linking like that hes admitting that hes used the domain in bad faith, or has connections with thomsonfly

perhaps would have been better linking to zoo or animal parks

Actually - that link has been there for months, at least since October..

I've got a feeling this maybe the "Year of the Typo" - in that real owners of the domain, name, product, goodwill etc will start to try and claim back and win.

I hope he does get done - because I'm dead jealous - do you think it's the same P*T*R TAY*OR that managed Hull City?

I hope common sense prevails and the definition of typo thats being banded around does stick

I hope he doesn't get done especially if the writ from the use as I understand its getting a bit bad over there, with prison etc

atlanta1 said:
Actually - that link has been there for months, at least since October..

I've got a feeling this maybe the "Year of the Typo" - in that real owners of the domain, name, product, goodwill etc will start to try and claim back and win.

I hope he does get done - because I'm dead jealous - do you think it's the same P*T*R TAY*OR that managed Hull City?

Why do you want him to get done? As far as I have seen from archive.org this domain is regged in dec 2003 and never been used as PPC after that. He probably grabbed the name from a service and paid some lumpsome but it is seen he never used it as a revenue source.

My feeling is that he actually warned just after regging so much that the site first redirects to actual site many months and recently it is clearly explained the real url is different.

TurNIC

Maybe I should have put a smilie :)

What I meant was I'm jealous I didn't reg it, imagine the traffic and the profit.

I beleive the site is now pointing to a hotel affiliate site. Being intravel for over 20 years, I know that's where all the money is - paying upto 20%, we're talking high £xx,xxx.

You're lucky to make 30p on airfares - everyone who goes anywhere needs somewhere to stay :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom