Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

virgin media support now in india at 25p a minute.

Discussion in 'ISP' started by Paullas, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

hi

well my broadband is off ( using someone elses at moment )

called virgin media to see what is wrong with my broadband and they now have a technical support line in india at 25p a minute.

what a joke. i dont mind it being in india but at 25p a minute and the first question they asked me was

Is your computer turned on?
    then
    Is all your network cables in correctly?

what a joke. does anyone have a uk complaints number i can call.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. mxm

mxm Active Member

VM direct # (free)

0800 052 1435

ask to talk to level 2 support or ask for line manager, who is slightly more helpful and experienced than front line team tech, at least can answer your issues, if still no joy ask for VM buildings manager who ( is not aware you are NOT paying 25p m and 10p for connection ) can transfer your call back to milton keynes (uk level 3 VM support)

hope that helps....

if not we have a few more #'s that still work ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paullas

Paullas Super Moderator Staff Member

great thanks.

been with cable for a few years and since VM took over its been problem after problem.

will have to think about moving now.

5. rjs_essex United Kingdom

rjs_essex Well-Known Member

If you do don't consider Tiscali - there support is in India too... Seems to be the trend nowerdays - cheap labour :( Makes it so difficult for customers though... My ISP is in the UK and I thought there support was bad until I called Tiscali... at least I only pay local rate though :)

6. paulc Spain

paulc Active Member

The support of the Utility Warehouse is in the UK, as low as £19.99 per month including line rental and free calls nationally on an evening and weekend if I remember correctly.

You can visit my wife's website over at www.bills2big.com if you ever consider swapping to them, or to compare services on broadband and all other services they offer.

7. Jeewhizz

Jeewhizz Well-Known Member

I'm with fast.co.uk and have been for years. Never had an issue at all with their support - they are tip-top, and once you tell them you are an IT pro, they dispense with the basic questions (which i'm sure some people need!) and have always got to the bottom of things.

They are the top rated ISP on ispreview too ;) http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top10.php

Jee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.