Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

What's the score with this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what the score is with this domain, it was due for renewal in July 08, but the last updated date is in December 08, and the status is renewal required. If someone else had registered it in December, it would have processing registration request instead of renewal required, and it's way beyond it's drop date if it was not renewed :confused::

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 11-Jul-2006
Renewal date: 11-Jul-2008
Last updated: 18-Dec-2008

Registration status:
Renewal required.

Last edited:
Hi RatBoy,

By renewing a domain without paying for it, do you mean they registered it again, but the registrar hasn't sent the payment to nominet?

What's likely to happen with this domain if Nominet don't get their money, dropped?

I'm not 100% but it will involve a manual action at Nominet to hold it preventing it from suspension and dropping. Like a registrar has gone bust, or something of that nature.

I have seen this before. You scan it and bingo it's magically be renewed.

Ok, I'll keep an eye on it it out of interest and see what happens, cheers for the advice.

Another question related to drops, I'll post here rather than start a new topic for it.

A domain is due to drop either the 12th or the 19th, if it does drop, what time do the 12th drops start, from midnight tonight, during the day tomorrow, any set time?

I had this happen to me.

With me I bit the bait of a domainer letting the domain get to day 98 before renewing it.

I then contacted them to buy the name, bought the name, transfer went smoothly and then they cancelled the renewel (kinda domain tasting).

The domain was now 5 months past expirary and was in renewel required, I assume would have dropped 99 days after that.

A domain is due to drop either the 12th or the 19th, if it does drop, what time do the 12th drops start, from midnight tonight, during the day tomorrow, any set time?

Without knowing when this would drop, I was going to stay up all last night constantly trying to register this one if it did drop on the 12th, just checked it and the original owner who had not re-registered it, has now registered it again today, it was youthculture / co / uk :( Anyone know what time the drops usually start?

Without knowing when this would drop, I was going to stay up all last night constantly trying to register this one if it did drop on the 12th, just checked it and the original owner who had not re-registered it, has now registered it again today, it was youthculture / co / uk :( Anyone know what time the drops usually start?

He hasn't registered it again, he's renewed it. So it didn't actually drop - it was just renewed. You had no chance :(

To answer your question, drops can occur anytime, 24 hours a day

Hi BB,

I see, feel better now I know I wouldn't have had a chance and saved me a night staying up for nothing :)

I thought that as the registration was suspended, nobody could register or renew it until it had dropped today, why would he leave it until right up to today to renew it :confused:

Systreg for the record never ever stay up all night trying to register a name, you will never get it. Use an automated drop catching service and book well in advance.

If you dont understand how it works spend the night reading all of this forum from a few years back to fully understand how it all works.

I have seen people (on here over the years) spend all 24 hours using 123-reg to try and catch a name like that and it will never ever ever ever work.

Just a heads up!! :D

Its also worth looking who owns the domain as well, that one is Chris (Aquanuke) and in his own words 'I don't let anything drop'. There are a handful of people who I stopped trying to catch (altho 1 of them recently shocked me). You will see the same name come up over and over and know not to bother looking :)

@ RatBoy,

Yeah, I've been reading the forums a lot since I joined here, but because the domain said "registration suspended" when I did a Who-Is lookup, I though that meant that nobody including the current owner could register or renew it until after it had reached it's drop date today, had it said "renewal required", as several domains on my notepad do, I would have thought differently.

I was thinking, if they have completely forgotten about the domain renewal, then they are in the same boat as me, as in, first to register it gets it, that's why I was thinking about staying up all night to register it before they got up, but for all I knew, it might have been a 19th drop and not the 12th, and not knowing when the drops start as well, so I left it, but I'll keep your advice in mind.

I would like to use the services of a drop catcher, but money wise, that's not feasable for me to do at the moment.

@ Skinner, cheers for that, not knowing who a tag owner is and not knowing they never let anything drop is a problem :D

Last edited:
£15 or £30 for caught.co.uk/dropcatcher.co.uk/dropsystem.co.uk (and others) and you massively increase your chances of catching something, and get a nights sleep to boot.

These only charge you if they are successful. No brainer!!

I also offer to catch domains @ £30 per successfully caught domain. You only pay if i catch it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom