20i Domains

Where do you list your domains for sale.

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Paullas, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Paullas

Paullas Moderator Staff Member

I have my own VPS and all domains point to a flat page for example: http://brakeout.co.uk/

If your own VPs is the way to go then i will leave my setup as is i think. I just might spice up my landing page better :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. Paullas

Paullas Moderator Staff Member

If you have your own ladning page can you share your layouts and design, maybe post a domain you have for sale with your own landing page below.

4. sigh

sigh Active Member

Me? I don't have a layout at all. Just a banner and an email address I can change when it gets on all the spamlists. I used to have fancy pages - makes no difference. In fact I think it works against you as people know you're a domainer and will either want a billion pounds and be a time waster or so desperate for a sale you'll accept less than a private person. (note that is opinion not borne out by evidence). People don't like domainers - we are 'cybersquatters' to them.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  5. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Most my sales come from my own parking pages, Sedo annoys me by keep removing domains without DNS set, so I don't readd them now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pedigree United Kingdom

Pedigree Active Member Acorn Supporter

@DomainManage this thread made me look into the DNS problem again. I discovered the issue is with 'BT Web Protect' which is activated by default by BT for all of their broadband customers. Your DNS must be on their blacklist as when I disable the BT Web Protect product the pages load correctly.

I don't know if you are able, but it might be worth contacting them to resolve as I imagine a lot of end users have this set by default so will not be seeing the landing pages.

All the best!

• Informative Informative x 2