Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

WP custom Postings for Estate agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
im doing a simple website for an estate agent.

i would like him to login to WP as himself (peter) but all he can basicaly do is make a new post..

i want the post to just allow him to add the title, upload images, description, reference number, number of bedbrooms, bathrooms, square meter size, price per month, and TAGs

how would i go about this? ive looked at custom post plugins but i dont understand.. i make a post and nothing usualy shows up on the WP site.

im doing a simple website for an estate agent.

i would like him to login to WP as himself (peter) but all he can basicaly do is make a new post..

i want the post to just allow him to add the title, upload images, description, reference number, number of bedbrooms, bathrooms, square meter size, price per month, and TAGs

how would i go about this? ive looked at custom post plugins but i dont understand.. i make a post and nothing usualy shows up on the WP site.

You have to code the theme files to display custom post types does your theme have support for them.

Would an off the shelf solution be any use to you something like
http://www.elegantthemes.com/gallery/elegantestate/

thanks for the reply.

i have looked at off the shelf themes, but they all seem a little over complicated for what i want to achieve tbh

i have the theme, and site all ready..

i thought i could tweak it a bit to make the 'add new post' a bit more muppet friendly..

just adding a few simple input fields.

image(s):
description:
ref number:
area:
type:
bedrooms:
bathrooms:
price:
tags:

If you've built it around standard posts (and I think the Elegant theme is old-school like that too) then you're looking at adding Custom Fields.

The chief benefit of Custom Post Types (a different thing) is that it lets you run Posts and (say) Properties as separate things. You would still end up with Custom Fields on top of that anyway.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Fields

There are plugins that make this easier. But really you'll be wanting some of those fields to be dropdowns, and you'll probably want to be able to search by a combination of fields, so you could spend hours getting this to work in an acceptable way however you do it.

I hope your client understands that you are building him a simple website and not a full-featured property database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom