Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-reg have knocked years off my life..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Same old story for many domainers I'm sure....

Once upon a time in the wonders of the 123reg universe came a big fat meanie who puts spanners into the cogs of 123reg. They took the money, but never regged a single word generic .co.uk domain, meaning it went on the drop.....and was snapped up of course.

The assumed responsibility, firstly only wanting to refund me the cost of the domain! Then I had to chase up the new owner just to get a price, apparently 123regs messages were ignored (now you know how it feels - ha!).

They then stated they would 'credit' me the figure quoted that I got from the new owner. I said I wanted the domain, not credit. So I also want £12 for the Nominet fee and 1 hours time £45+vat.

5 days later (lol) I am still waiting for a response, so have added 2 more hours to the bill, still no response.

Now, I could getting good old Adlex onto this, but I will be out of pocket even more by doing so!

Answers on a post card please....

Was the name ever registered in the first place ? And was it even available ? Sometimes domains are incorrectly reported as available due to registrar bugs. Full story please.

Its unreal the amount of horror stories ive read about 123-reg since joining here. If it was my company id be absolutely ashamed to be honest and make a point of having every enquiry to find out why things are going wrong constantly and have them rectified immediately.

Totally shocking man

sdsinc - I had the domain regged for 5 years before this happened!

suggys - I have had problems throughout my 5 years expereince with them and this isnt the first time theyve cocked up like this. If it was my business I would be selling up and running away!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom