Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

3rd Director leaves Nominet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow acorners,

following my previous post providing a link to Jim's resignation letter you can guess what's happened - i.e. the Nominet legal wheels have been in motion and the link no longer resolves. So - in the interest of democracy and fair play I am setting up a news site about Nominet that will allow ALL sides to have their say! To that end Jim's letter can now be found at:

Jim Davies Nominet Resignation Letter

Regards,

Sneezy.

PS: This is for L.B.E. (you know who you are) - I'm prepared to go to the High Court if you try and shut me down by bullying me, you know my stance on these (and other) issues, so be warned - let people have their say!

it isnt working for me? is it for anyone else....

Was certainly working when it was first posted - the dnforum thread went as well, I would bet a tenner the ISP has had a takedown notice .

DNS not propagated yet I think. Shows me a GoDaddy parking page.
...Nominet complained to Fasthosts (imo - abusing their dominant position) and got the site shut down. I have now changed the nameservers to Godaddy and in the process of setting up a new account, so the site will be back up shortly. ;)

Cheers,

Sneezy.

PS: Note that they didn't complain to me first!

Should have waited, there was a tenner to be made for me!! :)

Interesting don't you think that they have really got the hump over this. Running a little scared perhaps. Clearly they believe that if you can't shut up the speaker, you kick the soapbox under his feet!

We're back in operation!

Let me know if it goes down again and I'll see what I can do.

Regards,

Sneezy.

...Nominet complained to Fasthosts (imo - abusing their dominant position) and got the site shut down. I have now changed the nameservers to Godaddy and in the process of setting up a new account, so the site will be back up shortly. ;)

Cheers,

Sneezy.

PS: Note that they didn't complain to me first!

Is that a joke? or are you serious?

Nominet Censorship

If anyone wants a to try and take that down, best effort. These are my servers, someone better have a bloody good attempt and a very good explanation.

I haven't had time to even build the site, but I'm sure if a few of us put this document up, they may have second thoughts about trying to take us all down.

Is that a joke? or are you serious?

...100% serious :!:

If anyone wants a to try and take that down, best effort. These are my servers, someone better have a bloody good attempt and a very good explanation.

I haven't had time to even build the site, but I'm sure if a few of us put this document up, they may have second thoughts about trying to take us all down.

...Nice one, and nice idea :!:

Regards,

Sneezy.

Why are they trying to sensor a resignation letter when they have publicly replied to the points raised in it?

Nominet latest news

(Jeewhizz posted this link earlier in the thread)

Why are they trying to sensor a resignation letter when they have publicly replied to the points raised in it?

...good question, maybe someone from Nominet would be kind enough to answer directly on this site rather than just lurking as they usually do. :roll:

FYI: I can confirm that Fasthosts received the complaint from the legal department of Nominet, who then (on Nominet's request) took the entire site down!

Good job it wasn't a 1,000+ page website that I rely for my income on.

Regards,

Sneezy.

^ I take it there is some small print you've agreed to, allowing Fasthosts to do this, despite having their contract with you?

^ I take it there is some small print you've agreed to, allowing Fasthosts to do this, despite having their contract with you?

...I personally don't have a contract with Fasthosts, the domain was hosted through a third party reseller.

Regards,

Simon.

I think most hosts will usually take this action thus avoiding legal action against them. Which begs the question, what was the threat made from Nominet?

Basically they are scared of incurring costs in a fight that isn't their's, fair enough I suppose and I wouldn't blame Fasthosts.

That being said the statement is on my own servers and my site (which they know about) and to coin a phrase "The ball is on the pitch, let's play!"

With that in mind the other team hasn't taken to field just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom