Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Amazon.co.uk Commission Cap Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flipside of this is that whilst the cap has been removed, the commission rates have been reduced on some items. Formerly it was 5% across the board (mostly) with the rates sliding up dependent on items sold.

Now I see that Consumer Electronics will be at 3% which may stiff me a bit.

I have a website which promote items around the £50 mark so I currently get £2.50 (at basic 5%) but now it will probably mean I only get £1.50 (at 3%).

So now I have to either look for another affiliate with a better percentage or look to try and sell higher priced items.

The flipside of this is that whilst the cap has been removed, the commission rates have been reduced on some items. Formerly it was 5% across the board (mostly) with the rates sliding up dependent on items sold.

I have a website which promote items around the £50 mark so I currently get £2.50 (at basic 5%) but now it will probably mean I only get £1.50 (at 3%).

So now I have to either look for another affiliate with a better percentage or look to try and sell higher priced items.

Haha. Perhaps Edwin should update his homepage saying "EMD's all devalued.... again" then.

Sorry to hear that the changes aren't beneficial for you.. I thought this would have been good for everyone but electronics around the £50 mark are going to suffer.

Do take a look at whether your products are classed as "Consumer electronics".. its a fuzzy term, but should relate to products used on a daily basis. Apparently they are called "Brown Goods" in the UK but I have never heard that term.

Some categories are more specific and have a higher commission rate, for example "Personal Care Appliances & HPC" is 6% and "Kitchen" is 5%.

A "bread maker" could easily be classed as Consumer Electronics or Kitchen. An electric shaver could also be classed as a "Personal Care Appliance" or "Consumer Electronics".

The only way I know you can clarify this is by contacting Amazon directly. They will probably specify which categories on Amazon relate to which product group.

For reference the amazon.com rate for electronics is a flat 4%.

Hope that helps!

Some categories are more specific and have a higher commission rate, for example "Personal Care Appliances & HPC" is 6% and "Kitchen" is 5%.

The flat 6% tier was always quite easy to achieve so this is another example of an actual rate cut.

The new rates provide an incentive to promote mid range kitchen appliances, furniture, etc. It isn't the beginning of a new gold rush.

The flat 6% tier was always quite easy to achieve so this is another example of an actual rate cut.

The new rates provide an incentive to promote mid range kitchen appliances, furniture, etc. It isn't the beginning of a new gold rush.

That is true, anything under the price of about £115 and in the Kitchen section would have been a bit better on the older system, depending on your monthly volume.

However I think if you are in any kind of kitchen niche your going to see an overall benefit via no commission cap on the products priced above £115.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom