Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

anyone know of a cheap privacy service for domain names .com's .net .co.uk etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was wondering , does anyone know of a cheap privacy service for domain names .com's .net .co.uk .

i know if the details are requested the service has to provide them...but i was wondering if there was a cheap / reliable service , godaddy seem to want 15usd a year per name !!! 123 reg want 4.99 a year , any bulk privacy services ?

Last edited:
fasthosts offer free privacy on .coms + .nets I believe.

I dont think many registrar's offer .co.uk privacy however you can omit your data from the whois if your a non-trading individual.

If you have a large number of names, it's cheaper to get a mailbox address somewhere and use that on your domains. Of course, your name will still be on there, but if it's fairly common people won't necessarily be able to find out which "John Smith" (or whatever) you are if there's no address to go with it.

Fabulous.com were offereing free privacy as far as I know they are still doing it. Mike is a member here who should be able to help

Thank you for your replys , based on Edwins sugguestion , i found this service :-

http://www.scanmypost.co.uk/benefits/very-light-user.htm

"Website owners who purchase .co.uk domains may have similar needs. Rather than paying the expensive proxy services offered by some hosting companies, our Very Light User package enables you to use your ScanMyPost address for an unlimited number of domains, keeping your personal details protected and away from spammers and rogue domain renewal companies – we identify these as junk mail and shred them automatically."

I imagine , this can be used for .coms also ? i cant see that making any difference...although i am going to contact them and ask that question :)

which maybe of use to other users also :)

Great stuff :) cant beat team work , can you let me know what kind of address you will be recieving , as thats one of the questions i asked them via email , but not yet had a responce.

I've just called them , they seem good enough over the phone :) i'm going to sign up later tonight , sounds ideal for my needs :)

cheers Edwin for the great idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom