Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anyone recommend a good UK hosting company..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone recommend a decant website hosting company with UK servers.
Basic needs is the service is competitively priced yet provide a professional service with a good user interface, high/unlimited bandwidth, 250-500mb web space, Supports PHP-ASP, no setup fee, decent user statistics..

Thanks
John

high/unlimited bandwidth

This is your stumbling block, UK network connectivity is not as cheap as the US and most cheap UK hosts use US servers to get the very low prices the budget end of the market is used to.

We have a choice of lightly loaded Windows or Linux servers in the UK. If interested drop me a PM with your details and definition of "high bandwidth" and we can see whether we can accomodate your requirement.

We've recently started using Weycrest (from a recommendation) and all good so far. They seem to meet your requirements and they are a member of the forum.

Hi,
I would recommend checking a hosting directory site like webhostdir

Hi,
I would recommend checking a hosting directory site like webhostdir

Personally, I'd avoid most hosting directory sites as they tend to rank sites by the % commission they can earn from the affiliate links rather than adding any value to the decision making process :(

Ask about and go with a company that has been good to others and the probability is that they will be good to you.

I've just signed up with meirhosting which is very cheap. Will see if there;s a reason for it being so but i couldn;t find many bad reviews (recent ones).

Thanks too everyone for their input..,
One recommendation was a company called Streamlinenet.co.uk who appear to offer exactly what I was after..
We shall see if there as good as they claim to be..

http://www.streamline.net

Thanks again..
J

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom