Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

aravato finance with 1and1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone else had a letter from arvato finance claming to be debt collectors acting for 1and1 but wont tell you the domain name and asks you not to contact 1and1 i know 123-reg automatical renews your domain if the got your card details on file what do 1and1 do but to be honest i cant remember ever having a name with them its says for £4.68 plus charge for late payment is £5.00 plus their fee £15 i tried to get into 1and1 account but cant it all sounds like a scam to me what do you all think

Yeah - I think this is a scam -- I've had a few letters from them too...

One thing about One and One is that though they claim they will charge you straight away - they don't, and they will 'save up' until some point in time and do a consolidating charge on your card, sometimes a few weeks into the future, which IMHO is illegal, for your financial situation may have changed by then.

Thanks devolution what has happened when you did not reply to them has anyone else had this problem thanks

They keep sending letters, but I don't think they can do anything -- btw the notice they sent me was for a considerably larger sum of money... I don't know what they are playing at, but have been thinking of contacting trading standards if they keep up...

Hi All

I am being hounded for the 3rd time with bloody letters sent to me demanding a debt to the amount of £9.68 that I owe 1&1 and need to make payment to Arvato. Is this an increasing scam?

Is this worth forwarding to Watchdog as I am getting revved up with this?

Thanks

Bernard

I've had the same letters, just ignore them and contact 1and1 direct to resolve it if there is a problem.

Regards

finance arvato services

I am really pi$sed considering its my day off and the first thing I have to look at is a letter demanding a payment that I know I don't owe.

Like you guys I just received a letter claiming that I owe £12.54 to 1&1 Internet Ltd.

I can't understand why considering my domains are not registered or payed for via 1and1. I simply use domain forwarding which is FREE. All my bills have been paid as stated under billing in my 1and1 admin control panel.

I am suspecting this is complete and utter sh&te spam. It does not state in the letter that my account is froozen but it does state that cheque payments may cause a delay in the unfreezing of your 1&1 package(s). ----------------> MY FREAKING ACCOUNT IS NOT FROOZEN!!!!

Heres a bit of why my letter looks like:
-----
arvato finance services Ltd., PO Box no. 321, Willerby, Hull HU10 6WF

Creditor: 1 & 1 Internet Ltd.
Customer no.: #######
Principle debt: £7.54
Charge for late payment: £5.00
Total balance due: £12.54

Dear Mr ##########

We are writing to you because you owe the above debt to the creaditor referred to above (I DON'T OWE SH*T!!!). We have been instructed by the creditor to formally pursue the recovery of the debt from you.
You can view your invoices and contract information online through the creditor's customer panel at www.admin.1and1.co.uk

To halt this process, please telephone us by 17/05/2008 to arrange repayments of the debt. Please do not contact 1&1: all contact should be made with arvato finance services Ltd. at the above address and phone numbers. (I'LL CONTACT WHO THE F*&K I WANT! ITS A FREE COUNTRY!!!).

In addition to the principal debt (identified above). These have been added to give the total balance set out above.

To arrange for Visa or debit card payment please instruct our telephone agents. Online payments and bank transfers can be made to Barclays Bank, account number 90578622, sort code 20-00-00, clearly quoting your reference number (see above). Alternative payment methods are details on the back of the payment slip below.

Please note that cheque payments may cause a delay in the unfreezing of your 1&1 package(s).

If you have already paid please contact us with the details.

Yours sincerely,

arvato finance services Ltd.

#######################
#######################
#####ABC bank giro credit#####
#######################
#######################
-----

First thing I am going to do is email the real arvato finance services to verify the address on the letter.
Then I am going to contact 1&1 to demand to know why I am being charged and how the hell my personal details have leaked when this is not in their contract.

I'll make sure to post to you guys soon to keep you's up to date.

P.S. sorry for my bad language.

:mad::twisted::mad::twisted:

Just a heads up,

All domains on my 1&1 account have been frozeon -- I'm starting a Money Claims Online against them, and will talk to someone about kicking Nominet up the ass to investigate their disgraceful behaviour...

oh the pain....

Im in deep with 1and1 and their finance house Avarto(?) They are the legit debt collectors for shlund - 1and1. It looks like they will ccj you if you dont fire your missile first, hence after 9 months of them sucking money from my credit card inspite of me writing emailing faxing and spending hours on the phone. One guy I have been reading about even contacted the slough police about their tactics. Anyways back to firing your missile first.....hit 1and1 with a notice of impending legal action unless resolution within 14 days? , in my case they had been deducting renewal fee's for domains that had been transferred away from that account a year ago approx £1200 owed back to me...beware dont cancel anything keep paying or they will freeze your account...S yes all accounts that are paid with that card. They will then email you to the frozen account so you wont be able to respond. Next get down to your county court and when you fail to hear from them stating the goods and services act, dont forget the compensation angle if like me you invested hours of your working day on the phone getting nowhere with them. Also get in touch with trading standards, they have a massive field of experience in dealing with thos pirates and will get straight on your case and advise you regards your legal action.

Finally monitor your blood pressure throughout, being with 1and1 can cause loss of vision due to red mists and pumping headaches due to unsatisfied urges to kill.

Received another letter yesterday but I dont owe them anything.

Pain in the a$$.

So it is legit? (as in authorised from 1&1 and not legit that you owe money?)

On the email does it give your correct Customer no?

From my experience, for the sake of a few quid, I'd just pay the demand so they don't try CCJ'ing you and then claim it back through the courts. Never refuse payment when debt collection agencies are involved as they have the power to completely mess your credit rating regardless if it's your fault. Yes, you can get factually incorrect information taken off your record but from experience it's much easier to just pay. Just my opinion and can see why you wouldn't want to hand over money that you don't owe.

I successfully did this before and even got compo.

yes its not legit...

got an email from a 'Fazal' wanting to quote a term from their contract, emailed back three times no reply. These stack it tall merchants are making out like bandits,

Ive moved my 'good stuff' to names co, their twice the dollar but totally accessible well worth the relaxed karma I feel. Its a tax worth paying in the wild west style DN shootout anything can happen workplace.

Do I need to pay this or just ignore it. Don't want to damage my credit rating over £10. However, i stopped using 1&1 over 3 years ago!!!

Hi Ratboy i was wonderin that myself but I think thats what the are hoping for Has anyone else had a ccj because of this

Last edited:
I have a letter now too from Arvato Finance,claiming I owe 1 & 1 £43.06
£15 of that is a charge for late payment.
Last year a took out a hosting account with them and paid for it upfront(12 months)
They tried to renew it with the debit card they had on file and that had expired,so they said they would need payment or my account would get frozen.I wasn't using the account anymore,so I phoned them and asked them to cancel it.They told me I would have to do that myself via the control panel,so I did and I got an email from them saying the cancelation had been initiated.Thought no more of it until this letter came demanding money.Phoned them up,spoke to 4 different people,all of which told me different things,however in the end they said that my account would not cancel until April 2009. I told them I had canceled it,they told me that I had chosen a date to cancel and that date was in April 2009 (banging my head on the floor at this point) We argued for some time,I went to go into the control panel so I could see this for myself,but they had locked me out.
In the end,they said I could write to the complaints department.Got a reply 2 days later from them saying, " in order for them to look into the issue they need my customer number" (shouting out loud at the computer now,READ THE F***ING MAIL,I INCLUDED THE NUMBER)
Wrote to them to point that out,have a response today,which says nothing really,other than pay the bill.
I am not paying for something that I have cancelled,don't use and don't want, however I don't want a ccj either. Any suggestions?:mad:

Phone your local trading standards office and also the TS office local to wherever they are based. Loads of people seem to have been affected by this and I'm guessing TS are well aware of whats going on.

Grant

I'm taking 1&1 to court over a related matter (see my thread in Domain Disputes)...

I will also be naming Nominet in the case as they have allowed 1&1's illegal procedures to continue... It's time they were held accountable for this practice...

I will be going above and beyond Trading Standards, straight to the OFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom