Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

** Brandable site launch **

Love it, especially the logo. Will it be in different languages as the Asian market for buyers is big.

Ryan, initial thoughts are it looks really clean and modern. I would think about keeping the search bar consistent, where it says "Who are Nominet?" in the footer it says "About Nominet?". Couple of typos here and there, but appreciate it's a concept. Love the overall branding. Good luck!

Cant wait for this, used to use dan to handle the payment for my .uk outbound sales.

Will you offer a import lead feature with slightly lower commision structure?

Thanks
Karl

Really like the design - hopefully will prove to be a real asset to the UK space.

One thing: the Nominet branding makes it look a little like it might be a Nominet initiative.

Ryan, initial thoughts are it looks really clean and modern. I would think about keeping the search bar consistent, where it says "Who are Nominet?" in the footer it says "About Nominet?". Couple of typos here and there, but appreciate it's a concept. Love the overall branding. Good luck!

Thanks Ben - we clocked the typos - your nominet point is great, i will look at that. Thanks for the feedback

Cant wait for this, used to use dan to handle the payment for my .uk outbound sales.

Will you offer a import lead feature with slightly lower commision structure?

Thanks
Karl

We will have an import lead feature - pricing is being discussed - while it can be reduced it is going to depend on the overall level of customer service we need to provide which will dictate final pricing.

Really like the design - hopefully will prove to be a real asset to the UK space.

One thing: the Nominet branding makes it look a little like it might be a Nominet initiative.

The thinking behind the Nominet logo was to build trust - they are the governing body so we wanted to lean on that but i take your point and will review.

Thanks for the feedback - it really helps

Looks fab.

The first thing you see/notice though is an invision logo on the load screen. Is this because its not live yet ?

Looks fab.

The first thing you see/notice though is an invision logo on the load screen. Is this because its not live yet ?

I shared the design prototype (we use Invision app which is why you see there logo on load) - which you can click etc and have a look through what is being built.

In the background the full site is well under way but i didn't want to share links to the live site until launch.

Reactions: dee
The thinking behind the Nominet logo was to build trust - they are the governing body so we wanted to lean on that but i take your point and will review.

Thanks for the feedback - it really helps

I agree with the OP on that. Maybe switch it out for the "accredited member" logo make a little less large, overall looks good and looking forward to seeing the marketplace. Some fresh blood finally.

I'm currently heading into London so connection is a little difficult.

We have had a soft launch on a hidden url so next steps is to get the site live on the real domain. Depending on any issues encountered in migration etc will depend on when it launches. Today/Tomorrow or Wednesday and we will announce it.

I'm currently heading into London so connection is a little difficult.

We have had a soft launch on a hidden url so next steps is to get the site live on the real domain. Depending on any issues encountered in migration etc will depend on when it launches. Today/Tomorrow or Wednesday and we will announce it.

Great news! All the success launching it!

Interested to see the actual launch of Brandable as it will really help me sell domains being in Asia to the UK market. I watched the latest live stream and Ryan said he had built “500 websites” and David Thornton asked about the architecture in the comments. It went silent…

.........I've built 500 websites and whenever I launch projects it's quality so there's no way I'm launching ....Ryan said.

To give some confidence in the project, can you let us know some of the 500 websites you have built Ryan, and which ones were successful? Just the urls so we can have some confidence in your ability to deliver.

We have been promised the launch on several occasions and nothing yet………

Can you set a firm date?

Interested to see the actual launch of Brandable as it will really help me sell domains being in Asia to the UK market. I watched the latest live stream and Ryan said he had built “500 websites” and David Thornton asked about the architecture in the comments. It went silent…

.........I've built 500 websites and whenever I launch projects it's quality so there's no way I'm launching ....Ryan said.

To give some confidence in the project, can you let us know some of the 500 websites you have built Ryan, and which ones were successful? Just the urls so we can have some confidence in your ability to deliver.

Can you set a firm date?

I don’t think he meant “built” himself. I think he probably meant as an owner or team behind a project with money etc. but I could be wrong.

Hi Jame

Can you set a firm date?

Hi James,

In terms of going quiet about architecture i think it was due to the fact that people who tuned in were looking for domain content and it would have been a bit overwhelming.

It is a full js stack on azure.

In terms of 'several promised launch dates' - i believe the only date was a soft launch on Aug 22nd - as i was at the conference with the developers then it was not possible to address migration issues. It was also a bank holiday weekend so i was unable to work out a fixed date.

You will be pleased to know that the soft launch date is 14th September. We still have testing for Chat/EPP/Stripe/Xero once we go live so will allow people to join in cohorts in October (2nd week). We may do some giveaways on the podcast to allow people to come live before October.

It is true i have built 500 sites - some example URL's for you.

www.bridging.com
www.expatmortgage.com
www.rangersnews.uk (one of 25 large content sites that we built from scratch and exited in 2019/20)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom