Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

** Brandable site launch **

@jamesbkk I don't know why you are worrying about this as I doubt you will be invited to use the platform anyway. By the looks of things it isn't going to be open to everybody and will be invite only, as they won't want to encourage names like this one appearing on the site:

https://www.flip.uk/listing/hiitworkoutsuk/38286

More importantly, I doubt you actually have any intentions on using it and I very much believe that you are just trying to get a reaction from @Ryan Ewen .

Missed this thread first time around. Watching with interest! I've been slowly moviong my portfolio over to Sedo from Dan (who were great but the forced dollar integration killed it) but if I'm honest I'm really not enjoying Sedo and using their clunky control panel and dated looking sales landers. I've apparently sold a domain with a BIN via them but had no updates from them since, it's just been stuck on "payment request sent to buyer" for days. I don't understand how it can be considered "sold" if they haven't even paid for it. Anyway I digress..

I think there is great potential here for your site. The only thing that will be hard to persuade some buyers to use the platform initially is due to you being a new venture there are no trustpilot reviews. This counts for a lot as many buyers were comortable using dan.com due to them having thousands of Trustpilot feedback which gave them confidence their money / transaction would be in safe hands and are a real company. But I may move some of my portfolio over to your platform (if i get an invite!) to give a try! Good luck!

Last edited:
I'll happily use it if possible. Ryan has been nothing but open, honest and incredibly forthcoming about his business, sales and advice as far as i've ever seen. I think it'll be good for the uk industry when it all comes to fruition.

From a previous post?

Brandable

Currently in private beta testing - uk domain has been acquired.

This is a complex build due to payment, epp & chat integration but is fairly advanced.

Launch: August 20th

Flip

Redesign underway. Hosting & developers are working through things so there will be no problems until relaunch.

Relaunch: August 20th

Lending

Legals etc are being worked through. We have issued 3 loans and recovered one.

Currently by introduction only via oxygen.uk - though it will be moved from Falbros Group to EW3N (our domain holding company)

Public Launch: October

Fractional Ownership

Legals & Regulation have been worked through so it will go into build later in the year. It has a trading element which is a complex technical build.

Launch: Q4 2023 / Q1 2024

Digital Candy Marketplace

This one is more visible as it is under continuous development. The next 2-4 weeks will see search integration, auto listing, payment options and several other features.

We have an issue with the .com which means we may use for internal use only. There are a bunch of tools we have created within the system for domain valuation, marketplace monitoring etc.

Affiliate Based Domain Parking

Stage 1 was a success - our system out performed the whole market substantially. This was a 6 month test that started in December 2022.

Stage 2 is currently underway which includes a substantially larger volume of domains with lots more affiliate providers and lead buyers.

Stage 3 will commence Q3 2023 which essentially will be a fully automated system and will complete Q2 2024

As we are running concurrent projects - timelines are subject to change however brandable & flip are fairly well locked in

...............however brandable & flip are fairly well locked in????

People seem to attack me but I just ask for answers based on previous promises? How is this bad??

I think there is great potential here for your site. The only thing that will be hard to persuade some buyers to use the platform initially is due to you being a new venture there are no trustpilot reviews. This counts for a lot as many buyers were comortable using dan.com due to them having thousands of Trustpilot feedback which gave them confidence their money / transaction would be in safe hands and are a real company. But I may move some of my portfolio over to your platform (if i get an invite!) to give a try! Good luck!

I wouldnt trust Trustpilot reviews tbh, just look at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/afternic.com and domainers/end users still use it to buy/sell domains.

People seem to attack me but I just ask for answers based on previous promises? How is this bad??

Delays happen in development all the time, some products have failed simply because they launched earlier than they were ready. It's the right move here delaying for a short period for it to be right.

Rumour has it Ryan has undergone plastic surgery to hide his real identity. Proof here..

IMG_0754.png

Last edited:
Bonkers to list "brain.uk + co.uk" rather than the other way around IMHO?

Bonkers to list "brain.uk + co.uk" rather than the other way around IMHO?
Does it truly hold any significance, really? The prominence of .uk as the primary domain doesn't seem to have an impact on its overall worth when paired. I must digress, appreciate their push to promote the ".uk" market, though truthfully, I am personally biased towards .uk suffix, as in my opinion, it is significantly superior to .co.uk in both practical terms and future longevity.

Has anyone been offered Brandable yet? tommorow is the day? ............You will be pleased to know that the soft launch date is 14th September....

Is today the day............................. anyone have any idea? flip.uk also seems very neglected? Does anyone still use it? Sad 2 see.

Is today the day............................. anyone have any idea? flip.uk also seems very neglected? Does anyone still use it? Sad 2 see.

Good afternoon James,

Let us be careful with words, please :) I know, you don't feel they are harsh > though sentences like these do put lots of pressure on the team. And pressure can have various effects. All is good :)

:) Let us wait for the official announcement - it is very normal for projects like these to have delayed launches :) .. for example, I am around 2 months late relaunching DNmum.com on the new domain name :)

Best wishes! Helmnuts

p.s. And, James, who are you, what do you do, and where do we get so much interest on the UK markets from a new Acorn account? :)

• Agree
Reactions: Sam

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom