Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

britainsgottalent.co.uk sedo bid £100,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Britains got talent

How did this bidding turn out?

Who is the new owner... Did you guys pool together behind my back and out bid me :mad::mad:

obviously only one of us has gottalent the rest of us should be pleased we've still got £100k :)

Thought I'd have a look more closely at 'Britains Got Talent' and signed up an account the other week (like you do!), so I could look to see what was being offered for sale, as who knows, I may have been interested in bidding. :rolleyes:

After having a look (and frankly, what an awful site - poor design, poor navigation, user un-friendly, very 'fake', etc) I couldn't see much activity at all, especially on the 'forums' section.

Following repeated spam e-mail from them, to the account I created, I asked for it to be deleted via e-mail as I couldn't find any info on account deletion anywhere on the site (e.g. Privacy Policy, etc).

On the 5th April, I got the e-mail reply (one liner):

You account will be deleted.

OK I thought - great, hope they do delete it. But, then still having received more spam since that confirmation msg, I e-mailed again the other day with:

Hello,

I recently asked for this account to be PERMANENTLY DELETED and you confirmed it would be (see your e-mail below).

Please do this, promptly, and stop sending me spam!

Thank you.

I even said thank you. ;)

I got this cocky e-mail back in reply (note the professionalism and customer service):

Subject: Re: BritainsGotTalent.co.uk Recording Contract Competition!!
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:36:51 +0100

Your user name was incorrect so you account could not be deleted. We have no records of user emails so we need your user name.

We are a very busy website and we delete members when we decided.

Again, their fundamental grasp of english language and grammar is absolutely outstanding and their 'system' isn't even capable of deleting a member, on request, it seems.

I e-mailed back (making it as simple as I could!):

PLEASE DELETE THE USER NAME: 'alien' - with associated e-mail address of: [email protected]

I am a very busy person and I would like my account deleted, when I request it! :p

Thank you.

........and was amazed to receive today in return:

------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: BritainsGotTalent.co.uk Recording Contract Competition!!
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:04:02 +0100

Busy? doing what??

One day, when we have time we may consider deleting it. We are not here to deal with such arrogance. Your email address has now been placed on our spam and rebound list.

LOL, they call me arrogant?!!

What a numpty.

And what a poor excuse for communication and treatment of a registered user of their 'site'. I hope, if this site has been sold, that the new owners take more care with their 'customer base' and will be at least courteous.

I'm thinking of developing one of my domain names (f*ckwit.net) and adding them as the first entry... :twisted:

Last edited:
Thought I'd have a look more closely at 'Britains Got Talent' and signed up an account the other week (like you do!), so I could look to see what was being offered for sale, as who knows, I may have been interested in bidding. :rolleyes:

After having a look (and frankly, what an awful site - poor design, poor navigation, user un-friendly, very 'fake', etc) I couldn't see much activity at all, especially on the 'forums' section.

Following repeated spam e-mail from them, to the account I created, I asked for it to be deleted via e-mail as I couldn't find any info on account deletion anywhere on the site (e.g. Privacy Policy, etc).

On the 5th April, I got the e-mail reply (one liner):

OK I thought - great, hope they do delete it. But, then still having received more spam since that confirmation msg, I e-mailed again the other day with:

I even said thank you. ;)

I got this cocky e-mail back in reply (note the professionalism and customer service):

Again, their fundamental grasp of english language and grammar is absolutely outstanding and their 'system' isn't even capable of deleting a member, on request, it seems.

I e-mailed back (making it as simple as I could!):

........and was amazed to receive today in return:

LOL, they call me arrogant?!!

What a numpty.

And what a poor excuse for communication and treatment of a registered user of their 'site'. I hope, if this site has been sold, that the new owners take more care with their 'customer base' and will be at least courteous.

I'm thinking of developing one of my domain names (f*ckwit.net) and adding them as the first entry... :twisted:

LOL, this all seems a bit rich to me, the question does have to be asked exactly what you are so busy doing?? Surely your not the kind of guy who goes round joining websites for no obvious reason ('like you do' ?) have a look round to apparently view talent and then ask to be removed.

As for professionalism and being twisted, well maybe people in glass houses and all that! Maybe we should join the website and make them aware of this post and see what they think, I don't like flaming for no reason without letting others defend.

And as for your possible interest in buying it.................

Last edited:
LOL, this all seems a bit rich to me, the question does have to be asked exactly what you are so busy doing?? Surely your not the kind of guy who goes round joining websites for no obvious reason ('like you do' ?) have a look round to apparently view talent and then ask to be removed.

As for professionalism and being twisted, well maybe people in glass houses and all that! Maybe we should join the website and make them aware of this post and see what they think, I don't like flaming for no reason without letting others defend.

And as for your possible interest in buying it.................

Blimey - you ever heard of mindless research or just taking a coffee break?

As for "have a look round to apparently view talent and then ask to be removed" why not ??

If you run a professional website then you should deal with the public (who are your bread and butter lets not forget) professionally whatever they choose to do.

"I don't like flaming for no reason without letting others defend."

Nope - but then you shoudl read posts and threads that 'you' start - KASS!

KASS was here before, so if he is a good business man / woman, then he'd be watching this post for feedback :) Therefore, he can defend himself :)

Sorry not trying to defend or ridicule anyone - but this is an open forum and that gives everyone the right to question business ethics, working practices etc if justified - which it does seem to be from the lengthy post by Alien!

As for "have a look round to apparently view talent and then ask to be removed" why not ??

If you run a professional website then you should deal with the public (who are your bread and butter lets not forget) professionally whatever they choose to do.

KASS was here before, so if he is a good business man / woman, then he'd be watching this post for feedback :) Therefore, he can defend himself :)

Sorry not trying to defend or ridicule anyone - but this is an open forum and that gives everyone the right to question business ethics, working practices etc if justified - which it does seem to be from the lengthy post by Alien!

I am also not trying to defend or ridicule anyone, as this is an open forum and all points of view should be considered. I decided to join the site for some mindless research (seems popular) as I have nothing better to do. I noticed on the sign up to agree to the terms so I read them and noticed this point:

We use your email address and your other personal information to help us efficiently operate the Site, to contact you in connection with your transactions and other activities on the Site (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails or important news that could affect your relationship with britainsgottalent, and to forward messages to you from other britainsgottalent users. These types of communications, are known as "Operational Communications." In some cases, Operational Communications may also contain commercial messages, such as banner ads and special offers.

I assume that if I agree to become a member then I am 'totally' agreeing to receive mails from them otherwise I should not join the site so I am at a loss to understand the comment of receiving spam from them when I agreed to it. For me the the first scourge if the internet is spam but the second has to be posting others emails on open forums when people complain so greatly about receiving spam themselves, are we saying two wrongs make a right over such a trivial matter?

Anyway that's me done on this. I have done my mindless bit now.

What are you talking about TinkyWinky defend myself i dont own the site all i did was copy and paste the info in my first post from the sedo site post word for word written by the owner of the site and not me :rolleyes:

As for being here before you need to get a life and stop talking crap about people you dont know or you end up getting sued.

Last edited:
What are you talking about TinkyWinky defend myself i dont own the site all i did was copy and paste the info in my first post from the sedo site post word for word written by the owner of the site and not me :rolleyes:

As for being here before you need to get a life and stop talking crap about people you dont know or you end up getting sued.

Hey pal - in that first post you mention about "we" which usually means "me and someone else!"

It's also common practice by some posters to then distance themselves from their own posts to make them look more 'authentic' as in your second and subsequent posts.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers! :???:

No, I don't actually know you, but I have heard about you from a number places going back over 6 years! A very small industry this!

As for "end up getting sued" - you might want to see a lawyer. I have said nothing slanderous so there is no grounds for being sued. The only thing I may have done is state some views and then communicated my thoughts - probably not very succinctly thanks to a few beers.

In the grand scheme of things, I am not out to offend anyone - life's too short so if I have offended anyone apologies.

So after all that - I maintain that's a sh*te site that has some p*ss poor client service!!

No, I don't actually know you, but I have heard about you from a number places going back over 6 years! A very small industry this!

TinkyWinky if you care what others think, you will never get rich :mrgreen:

I dont think the site has sold...

Hi

Hi personally i dont think is domain is worth £100k, due to number of visitors it is recieving

dh?????? you dont know what your talking about.

This site gets huge traffic and at any one time it can be multiple millions, at one point as many as 3 million people have been viewing the home page now if that isnt traffic then I dont know what is?

Last edited:
100k? you would be lucky to get that domain for that money. It's not for domainers though as it's the real deal with major pontential but my worry is because the names so strong how many problems it might cause. I was going to make an offer on it and still might for a client but it won't be cheap having spoken to them.

Is someone still trying to big this name up, can't fault you for effort. Footprint you have about as much creibility as those Nigerian lottery winners,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom