Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Can some one help me out with situation i dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I looked up a whois yesterday on a site im after. the information said:

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 16-Oct-1998
Renewal date: 16-Oct-2006
Last updated: 02-Oct-2006

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

So i was dyign to find out how i could register the name seeign as it was suspended but i couldnt figure out how as all the registration companies were saying it was taken.

Today the whois is saying this:

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 17-Oct-2006
Renewal date: 17-Oct-2008

Registration status:
Registration request being processed.

The registrants details are totally different so it is a new registrant for this domain.

My questions are this:

How could I have registered it when it said suspended?

many thanks in advance

Read this site and you will find all the answers.

The site was released yesterday by Nominet back to the free market for someone to register. People have automated systems that will register the domain seconds (maybe less) after it is released.

Its called "drop-catching"...read on.

It has now been registered by someone.

If you want to "catch" a domain before someone else does then you need to do it in less than 20 milliseconds from it being released. (if it's a good domain).

The current owner may sell it to you if you ask nicely with cheque book in hand.

-aqls-

Ahh, I see

Not a very fair system then!

I have been reading this site for a while now, before the .eu registration period. Great forum.

Im so gutted. I was so excited yesterday when I found the name had been suspended. I have been after it for a long time.

I have sent a request to the registration agent to ask the person who registered if he wants to sell it.

How can i determine what is a fair price for a domain?

You may as well tell us what it is now that it's been registered and we'll be able to give you an idea of value?

Grant

www.massagetables.co.uk

if it is a business intending on using it then fair play to them for getting it.

if its a speculator then at least i have a hope of getting it if its within my budget

Whatcha reckon on a valuation?

Looking at the dates you posted this is a strange one as it seems to have dropped one day after the renewal date, im guessing it was previously owned by a liquidated company and someone got lucky?

Grant

there was no site there yesterday but now there is a site with ads

if they only registered it thsi mornign how did they get somethign up there so fast?

Looking at the dates you posted this is a strange one as it seems to have dropped one day after the renewal date, im guessing it was previously owned by a liquidated company and someone got lucky?

Grant

yeah i noticed that

when you say they got lucky.............what do you mean? they would hav ebeen watching it for a while, right?

It was caught by BB-online who catch domains for the public (via snapnames I think), so the bad news is that someone booked this with them, probably because they want to use it. I don't know the new registrant.

I mean that they got lucky because it didnt follow the normal cycle when a domain drops. Liquidated domains are dropped at random.

Grant

thanks for the info grant

i understand a little more now!

Would you saythat the fact their are sponsored links on the website now mean that it it likely NOT to be a person intending on using the site for anything else?

I'm guessing that is a generic page that bbonline point all their caught domains to until the new registrant changes it. Could be wrong tho. in which case you may well be able ti buy it. I'd give it a few days and see what happens.

Grant

Your dream is never over unless you decide it is...

massage-table.co.uk

is available!!!!

yeah I seen that,

thanks for recommending it but it doesnt have any use really in my view

first off my competitors have massage-tables.co.uk so it could direct rraffic to their site

and

customers use the plural of the word when searching and buying

but hey, for 1.99 i may aswell just park it

thanks again though

Lg

Keyword rich and on the button...

Think you'll find it's worth more than the reg fee...

Up to you...

Edited .....................................................

Last edited:
very true about the keyword rich

this is good for SEO, right?

i.e. a keyword rich domain name is very important?

Lg...

Right... right... ;)

Words of wisdom: :cool:

Dreams can come true - the deciding factor is always you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom