Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DigitalForensics.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've had this domain name for a few years now and always planned to build it in to something, but I've never had, and don't now have the time to do it.

At the time I figured the field of digital forensics would become quite an important one, particularly computer forensics and mobile phone forensics.

So, any ideas what this might be worth?

Cheers
wHIZz

If anyone ever decides they want to use this as their brand / company name, it will be worth a lot. The problem is, that's a big if.

Rgds

Interesting domain, taken in quite a few extensions.
My shot would be mid £££+ end user. Otherwise it's a keeper. Good luck :)

Thanks for that - couple of further queries to the more experienced among you:

1) What do you mean by 'end user'?

2) I wonder if I should try to develop it into an 'all things' digital forensics site with a view to selling it as a site or generating revenue from advertising?

3) What sort of revenue can you gain from banner ads on a popular site? Obviously I know it depends on how many site visitors you have but any ball park figures?

Thanks

End user means a buyer that will use the domain for their own (business) use, as opposed to a domainer (reseller) who is going to hold for resale at a profit rather than develop. Resellers expect to buy at 'wholesale' price and generally won't pay as much as an end user. Hence appraisal value for end user sale :cool:

Thanks for that - couple of further queries to the more experienced among you:

1) What do you mean by 'end user'?

2) I wonder if I should try to develop it into an 'all things' digital forensics site with a view to selling it as a site or generating revenue from advertising?

3) What sort of revenue can you gain from banner ads on a popular site? Obviously I know it depends on how many site visitors you have but any ball park figures?

Thanks

1) The party that will actually put the domain into use to run a business with it, as opposed to a domainer who is looking to sell on the domain.

2) If ultimately you are looking sell the domain, then you can adopt a "rank and sell" strategy, i.e. put some content on the site and then monetise with ads, either things like AdSense and affiliate stuff, or take direct advertising. This gives you a revenue source whilst allowing potential buyers to find you. Examples would be jet hire and rare wines.

3) Banner ads at the edge of pages don't convert as well as in page text links. E.g. on this mens suits site, the text links in the middle of the page are likely to convert best. Revenue levels from a good site, even from banner ads, have the potential to be healthy, but developing a successful site takes a lot of skill and most people find it hard. Obviously what sector you promote will make a big difference to revenue levels too.

Rgds

Many thanks to both of you for the explanations. I shall ponder this for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom