Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain I want due to expire

Reaction score
There's a domain im after that is due to expire soon, I can setup backordering with 123-reg but they charge a fair whack considering its .co.uk.

Could I just wait until the expiry date and hope they dont renew or will they be allowed x number days after the expiry date?

There is a set period of time after the domain expires in which they can renew. Without giving the domain name, type it in here and it will give you an indication of when it will drop (i.e. when you can register it)

http://www.drop.co.uk/bulk-whois.php

Advise would be to book the domain with public catchers who charge from £30-£50 for a successful catch, which include domainview, drop.co.uk, domainjunky, domainmonster etc.

If none of this makes sense to you, drop me a PM with the domain and I'll take a look.

Note that the more attention you bring to a domain, the more an investor may see value in it. If it is a obvious name, then expect it to be registered within a couple of milliseconds of the drop.

What sort of domain is it? is it one that would probably only be of interest to you or does it have obvious value

Most likely if it has obvious value someone from here will catch it

You could try and get one of us to catch it for you for a fee, depends how much you want it

I wouldn't bother booking with 123-reg, waste of time

There's a domain im after that is due to expire soon, I can setup backordering with 123-reg but they charge a fair whack considering its .co.uk.

Could I just wait until the expiry date and hope they dont renew or will they be allowed x number days after the expiry date?
Depends what the name is if it's a nice domain don't expect to register it if and when it drops it can't be worth much to you if you won't pay a catch fee!

thanks for all the quick replies, of little or no value to anyone else. Stupidly I registered the .com many years ago and either forgot to register the .co.uk or it expired and never realised.

Someone in same profession decided to register it and no longer practicing in this particular field. So I know they wont be renewing it.

I did contact the owner and explained I would simply purchase it from them and but they at that time they said they had just renewed it and didnt want to lose their money, even though I was going to cover the cost of the domain and renewal fee.

Up to you whether to take the risk or not then. If it is worth £30 to you, then get it (and the .uk) booked with the public catchers mentioned. If not, then just hope no one registers it on the drop because you'd have 0% chance. Be careful, there is a domainer here that cross-checks .co.uk's against .com's and if any match up, may register to try and sell to you (for significantly more than a public catcher).

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom