Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomainAppraisal.co.uk Launched - Feedback much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Update:

First of all thank you for your comments. I have taken them on and implemented most of them. Will be looking to add the remaining in the next upgrade such as valuation of website, more detailed seo report, etc.

Currently due to resource related issues, I am updating the DB for missing phrases (domains) every 24 hours. Hopefully this will be quicker going forward - possibly realtime.

Please note that Registration is Free. It allows you 20 appraisals per day without the annoying Captcha :)

Signed up
activation email doesn't make sense at least on my phone, and link came back as invalid??

Signed up
activation email doesn't make sense at least on my phone, and link came back as invalid??

Hi,

I checked the sign up process from my phone and I get the same email as I do when I sign up via my desktop. Both links work and direct me to the website.

Please try again as I have tried with 3 different addresses now, on desktop, iphone and my htc - all worked.

Can you forward the message to me via pm as I would like to review it and fix if it has any issues.

Thanks for lettting me know.

Quick Update:

Approximate CPC values are now provided with each appraisal.

Realtime domain appraisal is being implemented which means that for domains that cannot be found in the local db, we will grab the data in realtime and provide appraisal - so no more "come back in 24 hours" message.

Hi All,

Just a quick update.

The next update to the tool will be rolled out by this weekend. Hopefully the the following changes will be implemented:

1) Ability to appraise in realtime. This means that if your domain does not exist in the local db then the tool would grab the relevant data and still be in a position to provide an appraisal. It may take 30-45 seconds but at least there will not be a need to come back in 24 hours :).

2) Registered users will be able to appraise more domains then before.

3) Option to perform bulk appraisal in batch of 5.

If there are any other suggestions then please do let me know.

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions.

Quick update.

Bulk Appraisal now works and limit increased for appraisals per day. Both work well in dev environment and will go live this Monday or Tuesday. This is only available to registered users.

Realtime valuation works but then gets blocked by the almighty Google. Researching different solutions to get the required information. Hopefully it can be fixed or for some domains users will have to come back in 24 hours :-( - very disappointed.

very neat and easy to use - gave me valid prices for few domains I've tested - describing appraisal criteria would be helpful though

very neat and easy to use - gave me valid prices for few domains I've tested - describing appraisal criteria would be helpful though

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I have added some info on home page to give you an idea about the appraisal criteria. Hope that is useful. Over the next week or so I will add FAQ page where I will provide info on all questions I get.

Tried two of my domains, but info wasn't available. Unlikely users will return 48hrs later, instead they'll go somewhere else, and probably never return, as they'll end up finding tools that do work.

Making it possible to enter 'any combination' of letters and numbers would be something to strive for.

i.e just typed in ggewdcf.com in Valuate, which obviously ran the search against 'live' data. Would this be possible?

Hi,

It took a little longer than I expected but finally we have managed to get the realtime appraisal in place along with Bulk Valuation.

So you should now be able to appraise combination of letters and numbers or any new upcoming words/trends and it will get live data.

On very rare occassions - The almighty refuses connection and we are not able to grab live data, this is when you will get the message to try again in few hours. We capture the info on those domains and update it every 3-4 hours. This is the backup plan.

Thanks for your feedback and do let me know if you have any other suggstions. Cheers.

Last edited:
For Acordomains.co.uk

Big Thank you for everyone who has given feedback and visited the site.

Currently hitting 35-40 unique hits per day and over 50% of that traffic is from Acordomains. Keep using it and if there is anything else you would like to see included on the site then do let me know.

Cheers :D

I have test and im not sure one domain came back at 2000 pounds but im not sure its worth that much. Plus only let me ask for 3 before it said i had exceeded

It's a good little tool. If everything it says is true, it's going to be a great Christmas! :p

It's a good little tool. If everything it says is true, it's going to be a great Christmas! :p

Lol. Same here. I actually think it's quite accurate with what I've put in but don't think in the current market, people will pay anywhere near the valuations it's giving.

Lol. Same here. I actually think it's quite accurate with what I've put in but don't think in the current market, people will pay anywhere near the valuations it's giving.

Yes the market does seem a little down but we can always use this as an estimation. If you guys have any other ideas/suggestions then do let me know, I can try to implement as long as they dont take too long. ;)

cheers

I can't register on the site because the captcha image never shows up. Tried in Firefox/Chrome and IE.

I can't register on the site because the captcha image never shows up. Tried in Firefox/Chrome and IE.

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. Please open this link: http://www.domainappraisal.co.uk/register

and then if you still cannot view the captcha then click on "Not readable? Change text." link to refresh the captcha.

In the meantime, I will check the captcha issue over this weekend. The problem is that it works for me on all browsers so not being able to replicate this particular issue right now. Maybe I will change the captcha process... Cheers

I have test and im not sure one domain came back at 2000 pounds but im not sure its worth that much. Plus only let me ask for 3 before it said i had exceeded

Hi,

Yes there was some error which has now been fixed. It will allow 5 tries per app - which means 5 times on appraisal, 5 on whois...etc
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. Please open this link: http://www.domainappraisal.co.uk/register

and then if you still cannot view the captcha then click on "Not readable? Change text." link to refresh the captcha.

In the meantime, I will check the captcha issue over this weekend. The problem is that it works for me on all browsers so not being able to replicate this particular issue right now. Maybe I will change the captcha process... Cheers

Still no joy I'm afraid even when I try to click the not readable link.

I tried two domains and then was blocked :(
But overall, looking good and if the appraisal is anywhere close for GlassBalustrade_co_uk then I'd be happy :)

Last edited:
I tried two domains and then was blocked :(
But overall, looking good and if the appraisal is anywhere close for GlassBalustrade_co_uk then I'd be happy :)

Dave,
Nice name - it has a pretty solid search in UK.

If you register on the site then you get upto 25 tries a day. It is free to register so why not give it a go :) Thanks for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom