Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dougs product EMDs

Reaction score
Has anyone tracked Doug's purchases to see where his EMD splurge is heading?

None I've checked are wired up, even going back as far as January.

Fascinated!

Maybe there is no plan, just put them on the shelf for 10 years and sell them back - better than an ISA? :)

Domains are a bit like like wine, to get the best from them you have to wait, you've got your Rias Baixas Albarino class from Aldi, but some will go on to become a Chateau Lafite 1865.

Has anyone tracked Doug's purchases to see where his EMD splurge is heading?

None I've checked are wired up, even going back as far as January.

Fascinated!

Yes, probably just identified that if he buys EMD product domains at a low price, he has a good chance of selling them for much higher in the future. I cannot see much else being done with them, apart from reselling in the future.

Doubt Doug is interested in buying domains to flip.

He must have plenty of bigger fish than that to fry.

I guess he just holds them waiting for the ideal project to use them for.

I thought it would be something to do with expanding the product side of "asap"

The good thing to come out of this is that portfolio owners with EMD can now work out what they are worth using the formula Names X £50 =

The good thing to come out of this is that portfolio owners with EMD can now work out what they are worth using the formula Names X £50 =
I think many will still use the traditional year of registration multiplied by number of offers equals Market value :)

Doug knows what he's doing for sure...

I guarantee Doug is not buying these EMD's to flip at a later date... He will have much much bigger plans which will involve some type of new shopping platform which will NET him much larger profits!

Doug + Large amounts of targeted traffic linked with EMD's = £Millions in revenue ;)

Best,
Barry

I let that drop in Feb 2015, should have put on DL.

I can't say you were wrong to let it drop, I'm sure for every domain like it you dropped you saved more than the £50 you would of got on DL in renewals

Doug + Large amounts of targeted traffic linked with EMD's = £Millions in revenue ;)

I'm not sure anything could convince me spending £50 on domains like ladies-boots.co.uk is a good idea

I can't say you were wrong to let it drop, I'm sure for every domain like it you dropped you saved more than the £50 you would of got on DL in renewals

I don't regret dropping it, I still don't think it's worth anything (although I obviously did once). I normally try not to look if any I drop are caught or manually registered later as I prefer not to know, now I know Doug has this one.

I'm not sure anything could convince me spending £50 on domains like ladies-boots.co.uk is a good idea

I think on that day he clearly forgot to take his meds Murray :p

well, whatever the chap is up to, best of luck and i hope it's a success.

we're all on the same side of the fence, here, and my view is that i'd want everyone to do well. whatever these purchases are seem like a really bold move; it's going to be ace to see what the endgame is.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom