Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Email to 30,000 people from dedicated server, any script recommended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm looking for an email system I can set up on my server, to send a monthly newsletter.

I'm currently paying campaigner.com money to do this but I'm sure there must be a system I can add to my server,

anyone advise? thanks Mally

phplist - free, open source, good community forum, ultra-basic backend and features

interspire email marketing - paid, top notch, all singing all dancing, professional level script packed with features.

i've used both and, depending on what you want to do, i'd recommend both

pm me if you want more specifics on usage.

I'd pay someone to do that, you'll notice most business pay someone else because its not as easy as it seems.

If you do go DIY, make sure you use a script that uses Cron jobs to send it in spurts over a number of hours otherwise majority will just get binned by the big boys.

I personally found that many more than a few thousand and most get bounced, even sending like 500 every hour, eventually its counted as spam. Nightmare!

Companies like Campaigner pay a wedge of cash to Microsoft and Gmail and other big operators for a license to by pass basic spam filtering, these licenses I'm told are stupidly expensive. However it gives very very high chance of your mail hitting the inbox not the spam bin.

Indeed, Mail is a nightmare. All the feedback loops from the likes of AOL and Hotmail, dealing with blacklists, users who mark it as spam instead of unsubscribing. Honestly for the little it costs with people like sendgrid ($10 for 40k emails or even $80 for the version with the toys and 100k emails) it simply not worth the time and effort to do it yourself.

Hello all.

I'm looking for an email system I can set up on my server, to send a monthly newsletter.

I'm currently paying campaigner.com money to do this but I'm sure there must be a system I can add to my server,

anyone advise? thanks Mally

Yes, continue using a mailing service, don't be a cheapskate ;)
They put in effort to make sure your emails are delivered to your recipients, which is not something you're prepared for to do on your own.

I tried to answered the question you asked above...

phplist - free, open source, good community forum, ultra-basic backend and features

interspire email marketing - paid, top notch, all singing all dancing, professional level script packed with features.

i've used both and, depending on what you want to do, i'd recommend both

pm me if you want more specifics on usage.

...however, I'd fully agree with Skinner, Jimm and Damion - pay someone else to do it.

Thanks all for your replies. I appreciate your guidance and advice, looks like paid service remains:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom