Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EMDs and selling to a competitor

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a decent EMD .uk and I’ve been planning something for it for a few months now not paying much attention

Just realised a proper website from a large corporate is on the .co.uk

What would be the best route here? Carry on with my development or approach .co.uk for a sale?

Also, the .co.uk charges over £1k per listing so it could be quite lucrative going it alone...

Personally I would develop the website/domain which (a) may increase its value (b) demonstrates that your use of the name is bona fide.

If the .co.uk holders want it badly enough to pay for it, they may approach you. My feeling is that by specifically approaching them to sell it, you might give them grounds for alleging you only bought it to exploit their already-registered name and business.

You could even go one step further, and place a statement on your homepage making clear that you have no connections with that company, to further demonstrate that you are not trying to mislead customers and divert traffic to your own site.

General advice may not apply in all circumstances, but I've always tried to demonstrate bona fide usage when I had a name that overlapped with another entity's organisation or group.

See what other people think. These are just my own thoughts.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom