Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

First Ever .co.uk Auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some nice looking domains in the list but some of them are extremely tricky to build a site on that will make decent cash. If you plan on developing them anyway.

There is some nice looking domains in the list but some of them are extremely tricky to build a site on that will make decent cash. If you plan on developing them anyway.

I mentioned something similar to another member over the weekend... a couple of them look nice at first glance but then I'm struggling to think of a way to see a return actually developing them.

Prediction - not a single domain with a reserve price of £10,000+ is going to sell. If you extend it to all domains with reserve price of £5,000+ only 2 or 3 of them are going to sell. This auction is going to be laughed at as a complete disaster when completed.

I mentioned something similar to another member over the weekend... a couple of them look nice at first glance but then I'm struggling to think of a way to see a return actually developing them.

Prediction - not a single domain with a reserve price of £10,000+ is going to sell. If you extend it to all domains with reserve price of £5,000+ only 2 or 3 of them are going to sell. This auction is going to be laughed at as a complete disaster when completed.

Which 2 or 3 of £5,000+ will sell do you think?

texasholdem or bingoonline would be worth a £5k gamble to the right affiliate I reckon, who knows the niche and what keywords convert already etc.

coffeeemachines, paint & fittedwardrobes could potentially sell if the right end users are aware of the auction (and the .uk issue doesn't put them off)

stuff like cheats, meal, steps etc - I don't think they're viable for development at the prices being asked?

Is there shill bidding going on..

Why have artritis & menshoes got bids :|

Prediction - not a single domain with a reserve price of £10,000+ is going to sell. ..... This auction is going to be laughed at as a complete disaster when completed.

Looks like it. My first impression was that the auction was very bad timing!

Hi Guys

Nominet have announced the release of a new ccTLD “.uk” on June 10th. If you registered a co.uk domain name before June 10th, you may be eligible to apply for the .UK equivalent. Please see the Nominet site www.dotuklaunch.co.uk for more info.

Any domain eligible for the.UK equivalent transferred before June 10th would have the rights transferred as well. After June 10th, the seller can decide to transfer the domain with the .uk domain rights unclaimed or claim the .uk domain and transfer the .co.uk domain only.

Sedo expects the seller to transfer the domain in question with any associated rights that may pertain to the domain at the point of sale. Further, the seller can indicate what they wish to sell with the domain in the ‘offer description’ box. A failure to transfer the domain with unclaimed .UK rights when the .UK rights were unclaimed at the point of sale or the seller has indicated the inclusion of .UK rights with the domain in the ‘offer description box’, would result in breach of contract.

Kind Regards

Dildeep

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply but it doesn't answer the question! Will Sedo ensure transactions are concluded prior to the 10th June, i.e. prevent the seller delaying sending a 'payment request' to keep hold of the .uk?

For what it's worth, coffeeemachines and stressrelief, if sold, will be transferred with rights to the .uk.

Cheers

They should have made the .Uk clearer and trimmed down the list as there's some junk in there too.

Partysupplies is good but you'd need to be an established shop or big ebay seller willing to pump cash into full on ecommerce store. That's the case for a lot of them.

coffeemachines - I know someone who'd buy that if it was slightly cheaper and use it for commercial machines / leasing deals so maybe that will sell if the right buyer sees it.

Seen cider get mentioned a lot. What would people put on that site out of interest?

Sedo expects the seller to transfer the domain in question with any associated rights that may pertain to the domain at the point of sale. Further, the seller can indicate what they wish to sell with the domain in the ‘offer description’ box. A failure to transfer the domain with unclaimed .UK rights when the .UK rights were unclaimed at the point of sale or the seller has indicated the inclusion of .UK rights with the domain in the ‘offer description box’, would result in breach of contract.

Kind Regards

Dildeep

So basically you expect it,but can't enforce it or really do anything about it, the same as non paying bidders & owners who refuse to sell.

I like texasholdem, pokerforum, cider, tequila.

Alcohol and gambling. Can't beat it.

Thank you.

Quick note re: the domains I've put into the auction [texasholdem, pokerforum, pokernights] (tried to post this yesterday when first aware of this thread, but took a while to validate my account).

I'll not be pre-registering (or registering) the .uk equivalents of my .co.uk names, so that right will pass to whoever buys the .co.uk's. I have added this info to the "offer description" box, and happy to make it a term of sale/sign contracts etc.

Bit late now I guess, as only 2 hours left, but thought best to let everyone know just in case.

Last edited:
cider.co.uk (I do not own, or have anything to do with this name) seems a steal, having already met it's reserve with a high bid of £1,839.

In general, does bidding go crazy in the last few minutes? Or are sedo auctions quiet affairs, with only a few bidders on even the best names?

Last edited:
Is it possible to see a list of the final results?

went to the shops to buy football stickers with my son and missed the final bidding. Hope there was a bit of a frenzy!

Is it possible to see a list of the final results?

went to the shops to buy football stickers with my son and missed the final bidding. Hope there was a bit of a frenzy!

It's still running (55 mins left at time of posting this).

@ Philip, all auctions are still ongoing, there's 52 minutes left on all of them until they end.

Last edited:
Ah - Firefox on Mac has stopped showing the results. Will check in different browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom