Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

First Ever .co.uk Auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link from homepage of Sedo to .co.uk auction is not showing the list of domains on Mac in Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will check on PC now. Very frustrating!

Sedo expects the seller to transfer the domain in question with any associated rights that may pertain to the domain at the point of sale. Further, the seller can indicate what they wish to sell with the domain in the ‘offer description’ box. A failure to transfer the domain with unclaimed .UK rights when the .UK rights were unclaimed at the point of sale or the seller has indicated the inclusion of .UK rights with the domain in the ‘offer description box’, would result in breach of contract.

Kind Regards

Dildeep

But that still doesn't help us, and personally still prevents me from bidding.

Sedo are notorious for refusing to get involved when transactions don't complete. You just say 'here is the guys contact info, feel free to take legal action if you want'.

In a regular transaction, at least if someone refuses to complete I'm going to get my money back. Its going to be a complete mess if he pushes the .co.uk and marks the transaction as finished - I'm risking only getting half of what I paid for.

So the bids I did want to make, won't be getting made. You're costing your own customers money here due to this farce of an auction :(

But that still doesn't help us, and personally still prevents me from bidding.

Sedo are notorious for refusing to get involved when transactions don't complete. You just say 'here is the guys contact info, feel free to take legal action if you want'.

In a regular transaction, at least if someone refuses to complete I'm going to get my money back. Its going to be a complete mess if he pushes the .co.uk and marks the transaction as finished - I'm risking only getting half of what I paid for.

So the bids I did want to make, won't be getting made. You're costing your own customers money here due to this farce of an auction :(

Couldn't decide whether to keep upping my bid on paint...this post has convinced me it isn't worth the risk/potential hassle.

All SEDO had to do was confirm payment wouldn't be made to the seller unless the domain was under their control before the deadline.

Tequila's coming from behind - looks like it will make the finish line after all...

Cider and Tequila were the two I would have bid on. Pretty ridiculous that Sedo were told by multiple people we weren't going to bid without proper clarification of the .uk status and they still don't even bother doing it properly.

Looks like my prediction was close - Paint was the only one above 5k that sold.

A lot of the better domains weren't priced to sell

united, it, queen, prince etc reserves were "one off" end user prices

There were only very few domains of any quality that also has reasonable reserves, so was always going to be a bit of a damp squib in term of the number of domains that actually sold.

Cider and Tequila were the two I would have bid on. Pretty ridiculous that Sedo were told by multiple people we weren't going to bid without proper clarification of the .uk status and they still don't even bother doing it properly.

Looks like my prediction was close - Paint was the only one above 5k that sold.

Paint didn't meet the reserve...nothing over £5K sold

According to Domainlore paint was bid up to £5500... wasn't it a 5k reserve?

I believe paint.co.uk was £5,000 - £9,999 reserve range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom