Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Free.co.uk SOLD $205,000 by DomainBooth.com

I honestly believe its going to takes years (5, maybe even 10) before .UK is considered a first choice for end users because the general public is just too familiar with .co.uk, i happened to speak to someone this week outside of domaining who had bought a .UK from someone like godaddy.. so i asked what made him buy the .uk... his response was... "The .co.uk was taken and the .UK was cheaper than any of the others" so maybe this will be a slow process and the general public will start to walk towards the .UK based on most .co.uk's being taken, however, i expect that to take a considerable amount of time.

Furthermore, from an investment stand point its the perfect "Buyers" market at the moment due to no competition and very little spending so outside of being willing to sit on a .uk domain for the foreseeable future and strictly for investment purposes then i see no .UK sales making the headlines anytime soon unless you get the odd "Big Brand" buying one for future use but given the current financial situation world wide i think that is a long shot too.

The email address in top right: [email protected] !!

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
host smtp.secureserver.net [72.167.238.29]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
550 5.1.1 <[email protected]> Recipient not found. "

Sums up .uk right now ;)

My opinion...[snip]

Ahh, there we go. By only quoting the first 2 words of your response we get a huge amount of context.
I apologise. I assumed that your aggressive responses were due to facts rather than opinion. Silly me.

You "understanding sales" doesn't define an objects value. The objects value was defined through purchase. Whether the domains are developed or not also does not diminish their defined value. It might restrict their potential, but we all know potential is a fallacy in this industry anyway.

gay.uk was reported as a sale at the time, hence why it exists in the records. Filtering sales by status "Complete" removes the domain from the results.

If someone wants a domain they buy it, we can pontificate till the cows come home. There is so much money sloshing around that nothing should shock.

I’m not the buyer...

I did notice though that at least one of the .uk domains I did buy (film.uk for £7800) doesn’t appear on the top 10 list.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the domain.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the domain.

Not hard to find out - visit free.co.uk :)

"A more simple approach to selling and buying your home, launching August 2020."

I saw that but we don't know how the service will work. :)

Not hard to find out - visit free.co.uk :)

"A more simple approach to selling and buying your home, launching August 2020."

I saw that but we don't know how the service will work. :)

Maybe the service will be 'FREE' in terms of the not having to pay any commission on the sale of a property, yet having to pay to list your property on their network e.g. £149.00 which includes Rightmove listing and three viewings whereby an agent shows potential buyers around your house etc. I have a feeling he wants a piece of the purple bricks pie..

Maybe the service will be 'FREE' in terms of the not having to pay any commission on the sale of a property, yet having to pay to list your property on their network e.g. £149.00 which includes Rightmove listing and three viewings whereby an agent shows potential buyers around your house etc. I have a feeling he wants a piece of the purple bricks pie..

I doubt it as it states no on should charge you for advertising on Rightmove on the tag line. I think this will be free to sell your house if you use our conveyancing and mortgage brokers type of set up.

They are probably regretting it now as this only works in a healthy market which we certainly won't have for a year or so after the pandemic has calmed down.

Depends on what way you look at it. Paying less to try and sell your home is going to look even more appealing in this current market, for desperate sellers.

Although the overall target market may be down, the situation plays into their marketing quite a bit.

PurpleBricks are only ever successful when the market is booming and properties simply sell themselves. When the market is tough you really need a local agent.

I still can't fathom someone actually paid $205k for this domain - could have got it a lot cheaper by negotiating. Let's be honest, 99% owners would have sold for $100k, if not less. Also, let's not forget, he didn't even want the .uk - mind boggling!

The skeptic inside suggest some sort of PR ploy going on - otherwise it's utter madness

I think Chris paid a silly amount for money.co.uk .......brands are brands are brands. Free.co.uk has brand written all over it.

• Agree
Reactions: BG

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom