Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Free Mini Site/s from 1Plus.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early results (3 days in):

71 visits 18 unique

no clicks (well not for me at least!)

Yet only 40 page impressions shown on Google. mmmmmmmmm

47/27 for mine...no clicks...would say gg impressions were under as well, but can't confirm right now.

badger

How do you make money out of this? You seem to be claiming that we get all the revenue but I don't believe you would do this for nothing. I think we need to understand how you make money.

eetc

eetc,

It says that every 10th page view uses his adsense code.

ah, sorry, I scanned through the thread twice and missed that both times.

10% of AdSense seems reasonable/confident...

eetc

Yeah, thanks guys for your questions and help from others in answering them..

I know you guys dont know me, but I can assure you, Ive created this site (amongst the 20 or 30 active revenue generating sites I own: see http://airport.sc for example) simply for the benefit of the domainer.. And the 10% page impressions generate very little really and I only entered the 10% after some pursuasion. My modus operandi is because I believe companies like Sedo (in particular) give very little for doing very little. And what spurred me on was their charge to me of $150 commission in a $200 sale... So I created 1plus.

I am a very active member of another discussion forum, as Im sure you realise, and I initially wrote the site for the members there.. However, a fellow Brit (whos a member there also) suggested posting here at AcornDomains and offer the service to the members here.. (Actually, I forgot there was that banner on one of the pages... So my apologies go out to Admin here for forgetting that and when I get 5 i'll pm about a similar deal.. :)

But anyway, Ive just (this sec actually) just returned from Mallorca where Ive been in discussions with our main designer who is working on more skins, with more themes (i.e. a blog site, a 'user written' content skin etc etc) and were going to tidy up the backend... Were also, as ive mentioned, about to move to a VPS, so that will make life easier ...

If you have any questions, as ever pm, post etc etc..

Okay update again...

These are my stats from Google:

63 3 4.76% USD28.71 USD1.81

These are my visitor stats from 1plus

191 visitors 43 unique

So the system does work (although still very early days), on Sedo this domain earnt .10EURO a click and on Namedrive $0.11.

Its definately got some promise, i'm going to move another domain over now.

Although i would like to know why there is a large different between my google impression stats and the number of visitors to the page according to 1plus.

BFTUK said:
These are my visitor stats from 1plus

191 visitors 43 unique

So the system does work (although still very early days), on Sedo this domain earnt .10EURO a click and on Namedrive $0.11.

Its definately got some promise, i'm going to move another domain over now.

Although i would like to know why there is a large different between my google impression stats and the number of visitors to the page according to 1plus.

Great... Glad youre enjoying your experience thus far... :)

The reason the visitor numbers vary is simply down to bot traffic. We dont use a bot filter for your results, and we get so much traffic from the indexing bots (mainly because if they find one domain, they find them all (a deliberate act)) so this is probably the reason for the discrepancy.. Google bot e.g. indexes the site so many times a day, one user has reported being indexed and listed within a few hours of registering his domain.. Which is great...

Actually, it can be quite common place for a bot to get trapped on specific domains (why, i dont know) and make the stats look crazy sometimes.. But, no sweat for you guys (aside from a odd looking stat count) though can be hard on the old bandwidth for us...

VPS switch over occuring within next 10 days or so...

Thanks for that, that certainly explains why. Infact i'm pretty sure i recognise some of the IP addresses as Googles.

Now i've added another domain, i'm having difficulty tracking where clicks are coming from, i've set up the channels and they show the correct number of visits but don't seem to register the clicks (The clicks only show up on my global channel for 1plus.net).

Any suggestions?

Do you have any plans to improve the stats section in the future?

BFTUK said:
Thanks for that, that certainly explains why. Infact i'm pretty sure i recognise some of the IP addresses as Googles.

Now i've added another domain, i'm having difficulty tracking where clicks are coming from, i've set up the channels and they show the correct number of visits but don't seem to register the clicks (The clicks only show up on my global channel for 1plus.net).

Any suggestions?

Yes, to get adsense channels functioning correctly you, for now, will need to use URL masking when setting up redirection.. When our VPS takes over hosting the site, your adsense channels will work fine..

Incidentally, on the subject of adsense, 2 or 3 users have actually applied to adsense and been approved (using their 1plus page).. :)

BFTUK said:
Do you have any plans to improve the stats section in the future?

Yes... very much so... The backend is still as it looked when we were demo'ing the site and we intend to address this and make it, for one, more aesthetically friendly.. Along with more pages, more user specific content, more automated ad services and more reports.. Obviously with one eye always on ease of use for you and simplistic integration..

btw, dont know if any of you have noticed the subscriber database each user has access to backend.. :) This database is for your visitors that subscribe to your page/s. Its an opt in database that only you have access to. And soon we'll write in the ability to send mail shots or download your lists to excel..

Last edited:
HI

Am trying out with one of my (expired) domains. I am forwarding the domain but think I am missing out on the bulk of the traffic since many of the pages are for sub-directories. Anybody any ideas how I can redirect that traffic properly - on Sedo I use Nameserver option which takes care of it properly.

Thanks
Stephen.

Brassneck said:
HI

Am trying out with one of my (expired) domains. I am forwarding the domain but think I am missing out on the bulk of the traffic since many of the pages are for sub-directories. Anybody any ideas how I can redirect that traffic properly - on Sedo I use Nameserver option which takes care of it properly.

Thanks
Stephen.

I think i read somewhere that the option to change nameservers would be coming soon.

badger said:
to get adsense channels functioning correctly you, for now, will need to use URL masking when setting up redirection..

I am doing something wrong but I can't see it. I am masking the url by having a single iframe in my landing page. I have added the site as a channel in AdSense and I have also added 1plus.net and www.1plus.net as channels but I don't get the traffic reported in AdSense but I can see a click that is not associated with any of my channels.

example... acebikes.co.uk

Help :confused:

eetc

ok guys, have now moved the site, added the nameserver change ability and added a few extra features..

Nameservers are:

ns1.1plus.net
ns2.1plus.net

or you may simply set your A records to :

So, setting your domains to the above will provide you with a 100% fully hosted and customisable site... :)

firestars said:
Am I right in thinking that clicks to news articles pay as well as click on adsense?

No, the news articles are RSS news feeds to give your site content.

The numerous and unlimited sub pages of your site will carry your banners though..

yes, I swapped my five trial domains to NS at lunchtime and now I see that they are not being served up. Can we have a status update please.

eetc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom