Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Free Mini Site/s from 1Plus.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Forgive me if im in the wrong place or forum and/or if youve seen this service offered at another forum, but I was recommended to come here by one of your members and extend to your members the free service my site provides. Also, If ive posted incorrectly, please do accept my apologies mods and move it as you see fit..

This offer is for those that own domains, haven't yet developed them (or dont intend to develop), may not trust or be earning much revenue through their current parking page provider and want more control..

1plus.net is a site designed equally for the benefit of the domain holder and the visitor alike. Unlike those horrible 'advertisement only' parking sites - that ensure customers stay as long as it takes for them to hit the 'Back' button - 1Plus is a news and content rich site that has multiple pages and links for each of the domains it serves. The site has been written by domain owners, for domain owners, is fully customisible and totally FREE. NO CATCH, NO FEE, NO EMAIL HARVESTING, NOTHING.

All you do is this:

1. Register and upload your domains on the site using your user admin panel at www.1plus.net - Our bulk upload tool allows you to do this in a matter of minutes. Simply upload your domains without "http", "www" etc i.e. YourDomain.Com
2. Insert your chosen banner code into your profile - this can be done using any code from any ppc or affiliate program (adsense, YPN, CJ.com, tradedoubler or your own custom made banners etc etc). You may use multiple banner codes, alternate codes (when your PPC server cannot serve them) or your very own images, the choice is yours. You may even customise different banners for different domains or use the global option. You may also simply enter your adsense merchant id number if you so wish.
3. Set the main "keyword" or "keywords" on each of your domains
4. Url redirect each of your domains to www.1plus.net/your_domain_name/ (you may mask your domain if you require) though please DO NOT forget to re-direct using the correct address, in particular forgetting the "/" at the end of the URL is a common mistake. Changing nameserver is not available right now though will become available sometime in mid-May 06.

And thats it....

Reported click throughs have been up as high as 20% and one user has reported his adsense earnings are up from $62 a month to $290

Features...

1. You have 100% control and also get 100% of your revenue from whatever advertising supplier you choose.
2. The site writes all its own content based upon the keywords you enter. See site golf.sc for an adsense developed site or YourDomain.com for an example page with user defined custom banners. Further skins are also available, see StuntMan.tv as an example.
3. The site writes further open ended optimised pages for you so that a single domain of yours can have additional web presence. See golf.sc/travel
4. Each verified domain is listed on our domains for sale page (a page that is indexed by google numerous times a day) - this ensures even a newly registered domain is indexed and listed within a few days
5. The site also offers a free escrow service with no commission - thus ensuring you receive 100% of any domain sale values.

Questions...

1. What size banners can I have?

Two banner spaces are provided for, headline/leaderboard banner and skyscraper. You may also use additional banner codes.

2. What about your straight parking page?

We did beta test a straight parking page see www.1plus.net/?domain=anything.com but, in discussions with adsense, they recommended we cease this and use their adsense for domains program (which we have been approved for) but this involves creating a bona-fide business and paying users etc - a decision we have left on the back burner for now.

3. Whats in it for you?

Very little. And we intend to keep it this way. However, in chat with our testers, they suggested and we agreed to use the house banner code once every 10 page views.

4. Can I customise my banners for individual domains instead of having a global banner code?

Yes.

5. Can i simply advertise my domains without hosting them with you?

Yes. Although we cannot see any reason why you would still want to park elsewhere, you may still create a 1plus account and upload your domain names "for sale". These will show on our domains for sale page. The only difference between hosted and those parked elsewhere is that domains not hosted by us incur a 10% sales handling fee if or when you receive and accept an offer to sell.

6. Can I advertise on the 1plus home page?

Yes. Each registered user gets 1 free "featured" domain which will appear on our home page (in rotatation with others).

7. Are there any restriction/s on ccTLD's and or type and style of domains?

No. You can park any name you want. All we ask is that offensive and/or adult related domains do not get featured (and appear on our home page). Non-english related domains are supported but certain column headers and text remains in English.

8. Are the mini sites against adsense or yahoo's TLA's ?

No. All the pages are full of content and not "made for adsense"

9. Can I use URL masking?

Yes. No problem whatsoever. The only drawback using this technique is that you will have to set your own metatags and titles at your registrar.

And thats about the long and short of it...

I hope you will enjoy your experience with the site and earn some decent revenue as a result...

Ian Collier
www.1plus.net

Nice idea, i like it and might give it a go with a couple of domains.

argonaut said:
Anyone using this service? What is your experience so far?

Yes, the site is launched just 3 weeks, we have already about 200 users and 3000 domains hosted...

Its been beta tested and discussed at another domain name forum and thats where someone from the UK mentioned I should post here..

I hope you enjoy your experience (and we are continuing to develop and improve, adding an adult skin next)

EDIT** Of course, typos are fine, it doesnt affect the script in anyway.. You can even keyword the correct spelling (if youre brave enough that is ;) )

http://www.1plus.net/?news=wwwDomain.name&term=Domains

Last edited:
Well seeing as you are promoting your site here, how about promoting my forum instead of a competitor? :rolleyes:

admin said:
Well seeing as you are promoting your site here, how about promoting my forum instead of a competitor? :rolleyes:

sure, im sure we can come to a similar arrangement :)

its very "american" looking - any plans for a more europe/uk looking layout?

3. Whats in it for you?

Very little

isnt that meant to be "whats in it for us?"
;)

It looks ok, certainly the idea is a good one...

...does anyone else find it slow to load?

Well i've signed up and added one domain...we'll see what happens! I do have quite a few domains that a direct adsense payout would improve my wallet greatly!

I've just added my first domain, just waiting for my nameserver changes to complete.

I've had this domain on namedrive and Sedo recently so this will make a good comparison.

Last edited:
...and in theory we can track the adsense performance using the channels...although i'm not sure it's working for me...

charlie said:

;)

That was my first impression too, then I checked the domain whois. Ian Collier - who he?

charlie said:

American..?? Im not sure about that Charlie.. The skin (e.g. www.ive-been-injured.com) is based upon "the times" newspaper web site and Im from the UK myself... So, not sure about that one...

charlie said:
;)

Sorry, dont get ya....?? :confused:

Ref: Slow load speeds, this is sometimes apparent at certain times in the day when overture is updating..

Ref: Revenue generation... you should bear in mind the pages are not advert only, short term harvesters.. And the site requires a little more patience in which to realise your domains worth. i.e. within a few weeks of listing, your domain will be indexed and listed (hopefully with multiple pages). Over a period of time, bog standard domains will see a marked increase in traffic.

Ref: Ian Collier... ? Thats me.... As you can see by my name written on the opening post - so the name matches the whois.... And..?

Murph said:
First domain is live already, but is loading sooo slowly!
http://www.onlineloanquote.co.uk

:confused: This is parked at Sedo... :confused:

Last edited:
Sorry, what does overture updating and the speed of your server have to do with one another?

I like the idea very much, but you have to realise when you invite people to add 0000's if not 00,000's of domains to your DNS/server that means major traffic and also major server load.

Can you tell me what systems you have in place to cope with this influx of traffic? As slow loading times on pages aren't going to help anyones revenue?

J2theIZZO said:
Sorry, what does overture updating and the speed of your server have to do with one another?

Sure, overture updates its records about lunchtime UK time and there is a slight slowing when the site waits for the suggestions to appear. Aside from that, the load speed should be <2 seconds

J2theIZZO said:
I like the idea very much, but you have to realise when you invite people to add 0000's if not 00,000's of domains to your DNS/server that means major traffic and also major server load.

Can you tell me what systems you have in place to cope with this influx of traffic? As slow loading times on pages aren't going to help anyones revenue?

Of course, the site is moving to a dedicated server sometime in the next 2 weeks, this will allow users the option to change nameservers and also to take the heat off load times. But, like I say, there is no problem for me regarding load speeds - but any site with a good deal of automated and relevant content is always going to load slower than one with just 6 or 7 ads.

Just to give you an indication of numbers, users who stay under 30seconds is currently at 52% and average page views per visitor is 6..

The loads speeds seem to be okay now.

My site is all up and running now. I'll be monitoring the domains progress and will look to possibly shift a few more domains over in the future.

Too slow for me at the mo on the end of a LARGE connection, so I will pass on this for now, shame as it looked like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom