Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How does this make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok well one of my sites ranks 2nd for its keyword, google says that keyword gets 2400 exacts and month which works out to be say 75 odd a day,
I know its not 1st but my site is only getting 8 visits a day for its keyword.

Surely it should get more than that even if its not 1st in google and 2nd is pretty bloody close

Ok well one of my sites ranks 2nd for its keyword, google says that keyword gets 2400 exacts and month which works out to be say 75 odd a day,

Surely it should get more than that even if its not 1st in google and 2nd is pretty bloody close

Are you 100% sure your site is number 2, you may be viewing different results due to your browsing habits to what others are seeing, are you logged into Google. Have you cleared your browsers cache..

Could be the exacts aren't accurate- or is it a seasonal trend (I.e. more searches different times of the year) - I'm not sure if exacts are averaged over 12 months?

Is it a geo type name? I am starting to notice different sites ranking for some keywords as soon as Googke recognises my town. Once it picks up my location as London (although actually I'm in Essex) I see inner pages related to London appearing in the SERPs where as I log out they disappear

Last edited:

Maybe there are a lot of ads showing also which people are clicking on. Maybe it's not number 2 on Google for non-UK searches. Is your title and description less enticing than other sites above and below in the listings?

Also, who know how accurate the Google search figures are - and perhaps there is a seasonality element to your niche.

Stephen.

Maybe there are a lot of ads showing also which people are clicking on. Maybe it's not number 2 on Google for non-UK searches. Is your title and description less enticing than other sites above and below in the

Stephen.

Thats right, just because the site is number 2 it doesnt mean folk are clicking on it.

Yea it is deff 2nd in google for its keyword, i have learnt that one that hard way lol,
everytime i have check keyword tool since july last year it has said 2400 local extacts so i dunno, maybe it is down to the title and desc, But changing the title but lose my ranking, who knows, will start with the desc and see how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom