Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is 99laptop.com a good name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only value I can really see is if a company end up selling a $\£99 laptop. Which is possible.

A quick way to access the potential is with Google search "allinurl:99laptop"

The results will give you the amount of listings with the term in their URL, this results in 75. Get rid of it:)

Whibs,

As a Newbie I found your reference to the 'allinurl' function a new thing I had not heard about before.
So thanks for that, I am sure it will be useful in my further research.

You mention that on this particular name the re sult was '75' and therefore likely to be of little value.

What would the be the kind of figure that would indicate a possible development opportunit.

I am trying to build up my research tools to try out on some ideas in the back of my mind, and am therefore keen to understand just what the key indicatos are

Regards

John

Hi lancsman,

This is just one variable in evaluating a domain, i always check three things, local exacts, reg'd TLD's - what are the Com, net, org, biz, info (CNOBI)and org.uk doing with the domain. And the allinurl.

There are many other parameters to check once the first three boxes are ticked you can look at the other considerations, competition, advertisers, market trends etc etc.

The allinurl is a guide and also shows you which pages ranks highest with that term in the URL, allowing you to review what they are doing - gives you ideas as to what you could do and what not to do. There is no golden rule, but i tend to want to see at least 1 million.

If you want to buy sell a domain then search the exacts and list in ascending order, see if the terms with a few hundred are free to register, i am about to do this in one medium competition area, allinurl over 3 million and i will be hand regging the best free domain and then starting to contact potential buyers. If i get a good bite i hand reg the others and offer the package of 5 or 6 domains to create a nice package, that way i have something that offers a bit more than a passing interest. My 40 to 50 quid investment may make me up to a grand, if i am very lucky, a bit more. If i cannot get a buyer i can throw up a site and see if it earns me my reg costs.

Selling the long tail keyword domains is a good way to "Sell" to endusers, it seems they are getting a lot more for their money and even if i sell them for £300 it is still a good 4 hours well spent.

How to find endusers.....now that is whole new bag of tricks;-)

Many thanks Whibs for coming back on this, much appreciated.

I guess this has now gone some way off topic, but this is just the kind of useful information for us Newbies.

If I have other points I will raise them under a new thread

Regards
John

I really think it should be dropped. The domain name is not suitable for development as well. There are many other laptop related keywords available.
So if i am you, i will drop it

laptopspot.co.uk
laptopnews.co.uk
laptoptips.co.uk

These would be better than yours and they are free to reg;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom