Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is it just me or ........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
care to mention the bug, or is it the 'distribute the prenoms amongst a very select few for whatever reason' feature?

Was just about to post a thread when I saw this one.

Based on everyone having the same DAC allocation how can certain catchers over a 24hr period manage to catch all the good normal names dropping and then also go on to catch all the good prenom's dropping.

Unless they have discovered a bug in the Nominet drop system I would suggest that this is statistically impossible based on the number of queeries allowed per second whilst monitoring and attempting to catch a large number of domains over a 24hr period.

Last edited:
seems there are two people catching everything and just leaving the scraps to the rest of us. The best I could do was netplus.co.uk :mad:

well management.co.uk has just gone to the top catcher of the day. Time to cry foul again?

S

It helps knowing that prenoms drop approximately every 2000 seconds. Randomdrops .. yeah right.

paul said:
He got premier.co.uk too :mad:

he got a lot more...
sonycentre
infrared
management
musicbox
premier
searcher

Over 3/4 on my list went to 2 tags. Dubious. Very very dubious.

randomdrops said:
It helps knowing that prenoms drop approximately every 2000 seconds. Randomdrops .. yeah right.

Do nominet ever do any QA testing? huh?

Maybe we'll get another crack at them in a couple of weeks :)

Every time this happens we are told we are just envious of the catchers superior script, server speed, tactics etc.

The bottom line is that all the above will improve your chances of catching names but no matter how good your script or tactics are you can not escape the fact that to catch over a 24hr period so many names based on the fact that you can only run on around 6 queeries a second over that period of time and you also don't know which order the drops are occuring, I would suggest is defying the laws of probability.:???:

Before anyone else rushes to say it. . .

well done Vizzy - nice day!

-aqls-

Nomninet DAc system and drop random mechanism is flawless until another flaw has been found

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts