Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is it just me or ........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bother editing out tag holder names if you're going to post the rest of that information.

I'm going to sit back with my popcorn on this one, should be interesting ;)

Oh the irony.

I believe what Nominet should do at this stage, is to implement proper truly random algorithm for prenoms drop cycle.

I can't understand why they have to drop them in a favourable way for some people who, due to one or other reason, know the pattern.

This algo can be also made public, as any good RNG/PRNG system can't be weakened by having source examined.

It's only prenom drops what causes concerns, as with normal domains distribution is quite even.

Even more amusing is http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/drop-...06-dropping-like-flies-today-8.html#post13222

Pot Kettles and Black?!

Reactions: rob
vizzy said:
Dear paravan
Have you caught any prenom at all with your 10k investment during the last year? I can say that I invested 100k, so what?

Now edit your post and remove list of my names and addresses if you don't want to get in trouble.

Feel free to send anything you like to nominet for them to do any checks though.

Yes before DAC had invented I caught a prenom for every turn of prenom drop. I am not removing anything until I get a reply from Nominet. Stop bullying!

I get as frustrated as other catchers when I see a particular TAG monopolising the catches.

However in this case the catcher has identified a pattern based on the same data available to all of us, he just showed more ingenuity than the rest of us.

If any of the rest of us had spotted this pattern I'm sure we too would have taken advantage of it.

Nominet do need to sort this issue of non-randomness out, but we can hardly have an issue with the catcher concerned for taking advantage of Nominets mistake.

I'm sure when many of us saw the catches we assumed multi-tagging was being used, if this would have been the case then we would all have a genuine reason to be annoyed with the catcher in question.

As it stands lets hope Nominet sort the issue soon and wish yesterdays top catcher good luck with the resale of his domains.

Mark.

jalpope said:
Oh the irony.

Jalpope, mind sharing with the public your real name? domain list?
You seem to participate here on anonymous grounds, posting something
you wouldn't if people knew who you are.

As for this thread, I am happy for everyone to discuss all they are able to think, without violating someone's privacy rights.

As mr. paravan is lame enough to realise this, I'll have to pass this further to those, who will explain this to him in a more official language.

My guess is there's something of the order of 8-ish techniques to make your system faster.

I think I have figured out three or four of them - I reckon Vizzy has a couple more on me and most of us - making him the winner in yesterday's field.

But the most important thing yesterday, I think, was that the two tags that usually push the field (and probably have a couple more of the techniques under their belt) appeared to be relatively inactive, wrongly targeted or exhausted (I usually see TNs + L grabbing the top names).

I think its just that their names have been replaced by Vizzy's, because he had the best competitive advantage - and its that which is ringing some people's alarm bells.

So...I've two more ideas I'm trying for next time...but given there are, what, only a few hundred prenoms left...it does feel like I'm figuring out the answers after the competition's ended!

So - well done Vizzy (grrrrgh!)- guessing a lot of thought, work + trial and error has gone into your script...off to work on mine...

Nick.

njf said:
My guess is there's something of the order of 8-ish techniques to make your system faster.

And they are:

1. packet of crisps
2. some beers
3. internet connection
4. email client
5. pgp software
6. list of domains
7. some entertainment
8. stop watch to work out when the next drop is going to be.

paravan said:
... whether PO boxes can be used in address?

Sorry for taking this slightly off topic, but what has using a PO Box address got to do with anything :confused:

vizzy said:
Dear paravan
Have you caught any prenom at all with your 10k investment during the last year? I can say that I invested 100k, so what?

Well done Vizzy, you were the better man on the day! I doubt very much nominet will find anything apart from a very good system :mrgreen:

Next time I will beat you! :mrgreen:

DB said:
Next time I will beat you! :mrgreen:

Do you mean you'll do better than him next time, or that if he does better than you again, you'll beat him up?!? :mrgreen: :twisted:

[edit]

... or both :???:

fred said:
Do you mean you'll do better than him next time, or that if he does better than you again, you'll beat him up?!? :mrgreen: :twisted:

[edit]

... or both :???:

Ok I didnt manage to get anything this time round; but I am not throwing my dummy out of the pram because of which? :???:

Whois-Search said:
So Radier and Vizzy do you live across the road from each other ? or is it more down the bottom of the Garden ?

Thought you'd already worked it out mastermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom