Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_co_uk KitchenAppliances

Status
Not open for further replies.
9.5k for this is fu**ing fantastic i would have said 3k max
Well done Lee,wish i had your current luck :wink:

Think how much food you can buy now lol :p

I'm still totally bewildered by this. I've sold thousands of domain names and would have valued this one at low £xxx.

As has been said elsewhere as long as buyer and seller are happy then good on them.

However I would agree with FC above, this domain is a generic, but not one that would convert very well I do not think. It is a broad term that covers ovens, fridges, hobs, hoods, dishwashers etc. So it will rank very well for the search terms kitchen appliances, but the searcher has some way to go before they actually make a purchase of the end product. No one actually goes into a shop ready to buy and says "I'm want to buy a kitchen appliance". The term is just a starting point on the search.

Of course the buyer may know something I don't, perhaps it actually converts very well for people replacing the entire kitchen and they'll make a fortune, in which case good on him/her for being willing to pay well for the right domain! It won't be the first time I'll have been suprised by what does business online, and I'm sure it won't be the last. :D

As the buyer appears to be a developer it will be interesting to check back in a year.

Kitchen appliances gets over 40k exact match searches a month so obviously some huge value there

kitchen appliances - Google Search

Look at the big boys bidding on the PPC term (158 in total) : comet, currys, argos, boots and homebase to name a few and at £1.10 avg CPC it is a no brainer for something like that.

Domainers think totally different to developers and do not see the same true value of a developed website.

It's been said before though mate that google search results can be miles out,

Don't ever value a name by their figures...

I'm not saying these are wrong but some people on here are highly sceptical of their figures. There are some paid keyword searches out there that may show different results.

I bought a name on the strength of google figures before, I haven't developed it yet so not sure about the numbers.

It's been said before though mate that google search results can be miles out,

Don't ever value a name by their figures...

I'm not saying these are wrong but some people on here are highly sceptical of their figures. There are some paid keyword searches out there that may show different results.

I bought a name on the strength of google figures before, I haven't developed it yet so not sure about the numbers.

Of course :)

I have done a few personal tests myself reagrding this tool (and I also recall scott doing a similar test and blogging about it not so long back) and my results were conclusive across 2 different domains / keywords which were both ranked number 1 in google for their chosen keyword.

It worked out as 40% ctr (+/- 2%) accurate based on the google figures (and that was for 2 different domains in completly different niches)

So therefore if we apply this to this domain = 40,500 / 100 * 40 = 16,200 CTR if the domain was in the number 1 spot on google.

16,200 x £1.09 if on ppc = £17,658 spent in one month

Domain name and seo work required to get it to number 1 = approx the same, except it will be there alot longer than 1 month :)

It worked out as 40% ctr (+/- 2%) accurate based on the google figures (and that was for 2 different domains in completly different niches)

So therefore if we apply this to this domain = 40,500 / 100 * 40 = 16,200 CTR if the domain was in the number 1 spot on google.

16,200 x £1.09 if on ppc = £17,658 spent in one month

Domain name and seo work required to get it to number 1 = approx the same, except it will be there alot longer than 1 month :)

I have a modest domain for a niche (exact 1,600 broad 4,400) and get over 444 uniques on that niche type in which is also the name of the domain. So yes 40% is around right as average uniques number 1,000 a month. Oh and it's been number 1 for that niche for 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom