Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Lyrics.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
TM

Not rediculous comment, rather for the sake of repeating myself, I don't run a RESERVE while you find a buyer service...

Being kept on a line for 3 weeks having immediately requested transfer papers, told I'm awaiting a payment then I'll pay you... then told I'm on holiday, whilst seeing posts on here from the party involved... In the interim having to ignore other potential buyers... When with a few clicks of a mouse and the deal could have been sealed...

Ultimately my faith in this deal was shattered...

Not sure why all the negative posts as this is a positive story all round, bloke buys a free unregged name for a fiver and sells for £6k. Next good story is a .co.uk selling for £45k , good news all round.

It is possible to get paranoid or automatically assume that every buyer is out to shaft you, but end of the day buyers buy thinking they got a good deal and sellers sell to cash in.

The buyer paid £90k by cheque.

I think he's just really generous.

-aqls-

wwwdomain.name said:
Aqls...

I had a called Andy at TAGNAMES 'reserve' 3 names of mine with a promise to pay... Subsequent emails promised to sort payment and I was left in the lurch... 3 months now!!!

Similarly, I began to get enquiries from other parties about those exact names 'out of the blue' but, fool me, was left high and dry...

No doubt this one will go the same way... THAT'S why I'm bemused somewhat...

Thanks for posting your support.

same here :) but im sure he's a busy guy........

aqls said:
The buyer paid £90k by cheque.

I think he's just really generous.

-aqls-

Sorry, what are you replying too? I have no idea. Quoting is a wonderful invention... :mrgreen:

domaingenius said:
I obviously wont say the name but recently I went to register a .com domain that was the exact name of a planned "very large" new company and found it registered .Approached the owner expecting a massive "no" or no reply at all, instead was offered the name for few hundred dollars,which I grabbed with both hands. He obviosuly didnt know about the planned new company. As they say "information is power" and if you know you can find a buyer then its wortwhile I guess. Ive never sold on sedo at all, only direct sales from approaches or from approaching possible buyers,

DG

you might want to edit this down a bit

stuff on a public forum can come back and bite you

like "a very large new company" who gets a TM and wants the .com too!!

I bought lyrics.co.uk

I'm on a vacation/business trip and have watched this thread over the last few days when I had a chance to log online. I thought I would give my brief input on the issue.

My partner and I bought lyrics.co.uk for $80,000 USD from Andrew and Jarrod. The negotiations for the domain covered about 2 or 3 weeks of dancing and one day of intense bargaining. We finally came together and made the deal, and the rest in history. From my perspective, the deal was successful because at the end of the day, we got the name we wanted, and the sellers seemed satisfied with our price. I call that win/win. I can say, I would have been a lot happier if we'd paid a lot less ...who wouldn't...but, at the end of the day, we paid a price we were willing to, for a asset we wanted to own.

As for the many comments on the merits of our purchase ... well, opinions are like assh...I mean belly buttons. everyone has one, and you/they are certainly entitled to it. A couple people in the thread have hit it close to the nose of why we bought the domain...many not.

There is no real mystery to the purchase price...it was based on a multiple of revenue that the name earns ....WHY we bought the domain, was not based on the purchase price.

Based on the same premise I just purchased propertynews.co.uk and hope to buy many other names in the near future. Some may of the same multiple as Lyrics.co.uk and some for less.

Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to throw out a brief post about the other side of the deal.

Canuck (Shaun)

Apt time to lock thread and move on I think...

Canuck said:
for a asset we wanted to own.

There is no real mystery to the purchase price...it was based on a multiple of revenue that the name earns ....WHY we bought the domain, was not based on the purchase price.

Canuck (Shaun)

Would it be fair to say that you waited for traffic and revenue figures before buying?

Were you aware of its existence before traffic figures were quoted?

No obligation to answer it!

-aqls-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts