Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Lyrics.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
vizzy said:
I don't mind growth, just don't like bubbles =)

ok, this is previous owner stats as posted here:

Code:
Stats from Sedo (October only): 5,349
CTR: 18.17% = 967 clicks in October

so even at $0.10/click (which is high for this keyword), month revenue is $96.7

what kind of revenue multiple we are talking??

If I remember correctly the most recent stats quoted in the sales thread at dnforum were 600-800 uniques per day - 49 euros revenue per day.

Grant

Vizzy, those numbers were posted in the middle of the day on the 12th October, and that click through rate is horrendous - we were getting a solid 45-50%. We provided all neccessary screenshots as you would expect, and traffic / revenue was confirmed by Sedo.

Allclear, I think the biggest public .co.uk sale is three.co.uk, but I may be wrong. Sms.co.uk has recently sold and I´m guessing that would have been around or above 45,000GBP.

Now I've read DN Journal, can someone post the number for Samaritans again.

Nonwithstanding, Andy thats a lovely profit.

Jarrod said:
Vizzy, those numbers were posted in the middle of the day on the 12th October, and that click through rate is horrendous - we were getting a solid 45-50%. We provided all neccessary screenshots as you would expect, and traffic / revenue was confirmed by Sedo.

well, with 40-50 eur/day I have no more objections =)))

good advert for the "exclusive members section"

even though i doubt lyrics.co.uk was sold to a board member it does show that from a well spotted manual regisitration through to a top price .co.uk, sales technique is the most important skill. Ratboy may have only had offers from a local market of board members whilst Andy and co. obviously have / made contacts further afield with deeper pockets.

would be interesting to know how their experiences marketting this domain.

overall you can only take what you can get and whats on offer. A max offer to you may be only an openning bid to someone else for the same thing.

shoes made by nike may get £50 whilst the same shoes from qualityshoecompany may only get £20 - its nikes sales techniques that makes the difference. But in both cases the seller is happy with what they got else they wouldn't sell at that price. (admittely nike have lots of shoes but you get my meaning :) i hope )

congrats to all

charlie said:
congrats to all

:( I thought it was a bit of a bummer.

Really a once in a lifetime sale. Would of made a lovely story. Picked up on a random whois for reg fee and sold for £45k.

Guess its all about who you know.. I have a hard enough time trying to know myself :p

aquanuke said:
:( I thought it was a bit of a bummer.

Really a once in a lifetime sale. Would of made a lovely story. Picked up on a random whois for reg fee and sold for £45k.

Guess its all about who you know.. I have a hard enough time trying to know myself :p

that was my point not everyone has access or knows where to find the right buyer sometimes you have to take what you can get. I'm sure andy and co work really hard to find this type of contact and hence their effort is rewarded.
personally i'm bone idle hence i never sell anything! :D

charlie said:
personally i'm bone idle hence i never sell anything! :D

Know the feeling, hard enough for me to get out of bed in the afternoon.. let alone fill out a transfer form :p

aquanuke said:
Really a once in a lifetime sale. Would of made a lovely story. Picked up on a random whois for reg fee and sold for £45k

The stuff of dreams, buy a domain for £6.09 then sell it for £45k, what other business can turn around that much profit so quickly.

Ratboy, I'm so impressed with your professionalism, cos if it was me I really would be on the phone to the nice lady at the samaritans.

Still, well done to everyone involved.

Anyone worked out the ROI?

ie. £5 > £6000 compared to £6000 > £40k :)

rob said:
Anyone worked out the ROI?

ie. £5 > £6000 compared to £6000 > £40k :)

Rob, if I'd just bunced £40k off £6k, the last thing I'd be doing is working out the ROI :)

£40k you've just knocked £5,912.63 off.

But whats 5 or 6k between friends :)

admin,

you looking for 10% of 6k or of 45k (or both!)

:)

-aqls-

aqls said:
admin,

you looking for 10% of 6k or of 45k (or both!)

:)

-aqls-
A mention in any news articles will do just fine :)

I would hazard a guess that this was merely a "hype"sale and not a bona fide/real sale of the domain ,much the same as the story about pixels generated a lot of hype but underneath there is really not much substance to it.

DG

Nope this is a real sale - have dealt with both buyer and the seller before and they are not into stupid stuff.

Not sure why its hard to believe, possibly due to high value names usually going unreported perhaps?

rob said:
Nope this is a real sale - have dealt with both buyer and the seller before and they are not into stupid stuff.

Not sure why its hard to believe, possibly due to high value names usually going unreported perhaps?

OK thanks. Well in that case its good news for the .co.uk market I guess. Trouble is it reminds me of one very good name I,stupidly,let expire some years ago that may have had similar value.

DG

Even at £45,000 the buyers may have landed a bargain. It was mentioned earlier in this post that the domain received 600 to 800 visits a day, approx 45-50% CTR and earnings of around 49 Euros a day. I've tapped that into my calculator and it comes out at a little over 4 x annual earnings (please correct me if I'm wrong). When you consider that the big outfits in the domain industry have recently sold large domain portfolios at up to 8 x annual earnings it doesn't appear to have been a silly purchase. With such a short, easily remembered name, it is ripe for development and whatever the buyers decide to do they are sitting on one very nice investment.

It gives us all hope and a reason to carry on!
We can all hope that one day we will find the holy grail!!! perhaps sex.com will drop and no one will notice! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom