Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Mac os in vmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed any version of mac os on vmware on windows 8?

Im new this but wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction what i need to do this.

Thanks in advance

I used this site quite a bit when building a hackintosh for my nephew http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

Ideally you will want an Intel processor and the right graphics card or things start getting really complicated

I don't know about vmware, if this would apply.

A few people I know of who have (successfully) installed macos on a PC System (none mac hardware) have said not all pc hardware is mac compliant, so it turns into a bit of a nightmare with things not being recognised.

mac os has very limited driver support natively and whilst theres a lot of resources for get for getting non standard equipment to work when I was playing around I found it was a lot easier to go with known compatible components.
The site I linked is suited to building a machine that can boot from hard drive though there may be better resources that help with booting virtually don't have any real experience in that area though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom