Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

My first ever website, Please look !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That URL didn't work when i typed it into my browser ?
I'll try it again, obviously the site does exist because your link works.

Something for us all on here to consider, i found this article today while researching copyright laws Public Domain: Facts and Ideas

Read and tell me what you think ? Thanks Doodlebug

Something for us all on here to consider, i found this article today while researching copyright laws Public Domain: Facts and Ideas
Read and tell me what you think ?

Sounds reasonable to me. However I believe there is a marked difference between duplicating a factual document with neither permission nor attribution, and copying mere facts. IANAL, but I'd have thought that the former was a breach of the copyright holder's rights.

I guess one analogy could be a journalist writing about some set of facts, and then another journo nicking the article and claiming that it contained facts, so unauthorised duplication is OK :)

Just my 2p worth.

P.

One to use in court anyway should you get any trouble over duplication theft ?

Though i do try to use original or public domain.

Thanks !!! for looking Philipp.

If i copy and paste some facts, i add my own wording or redo some lines and change the layout.
Just a few changes counts as creative expression ( I think ) ?

Last edited:

Personally, I would say not :)

If i copy and paste some facts, i add my own wording or redo some lines and change the layout.

It depends what you're trying to achieve, if you want to put together a useful resource then you need to read around the subject and write some original material about your findings.

P.

Personally, I would say not!

It depends what you're trying to achieve, if you want to put together a useful resource then you need to read around the subject and write some original material about your findings.

P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom