Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Newby: best way to grab an expiring domain

As a developer I'm aware of .uk domains, and if I was pushing forward with a decent sized brand, it would make sense to pick up the pair, but I'd not even considered it stand-alone as I don't feel like they have the same 'clout' as .co.uk's, certainly not at the moment. Maybe in future it'll be all about .uk's, who knows.

The other thing worth doing here is post in the domains wanted if its a specific niche. You might get offered something very good / close at a reasonable rate. Make sure you specify your exact needs though or you'll end up with all kinds of offers, and just say you'll only reply to those your interested in.

oh... @Systreg mentioned some good catchers. The other thing worth doing is signing up at domainview. @RobM has tag holders who can also catch for other people. You list the domain you want and a price you're prepared to pay. People are free to try if lists not busy and contact you if they catch it.

Care to share the domain name caught, perhaps some of us with knowledge of the owners can give you some tips on how to massage them for a fair price ;)

(it wasn't me by the way)

Care to share the domain name caught, perhaps some of us with knowledge of the owners can give you some tips on how to massage them for a fair price ;)

(it wasn't me by the way)

Perhaps literally give them a 'special' massage?

LOL, I'd draw the line at cold, hard cash thanks :p

I can't see that posting the domain name would do anything other than increase exposure around it so I'd rather not go there tbh.

I got a back-up domain, which isn't ideal, but it's not the end of the world; I just need to move on.

LOL, I'd draw the line at cold, hard cash thanks :p

I can't see that posting the domain name would do anything other than increase exposure around it so I'd rather not go there tbh.

I got a back-up domain, which isn't ideal, but it's not the end of the world; I just need to move on.

Why not go for a TLD and sell the product internationally?

.xyz if you have to.

There was only really 1 actual product name dropped that day where 1 person got both strings, and the catcher isn't cheap.

Its a very specific product, surely a broader name would be better ?

If it is the domain starting with an "S", then the registrant/registrar is nice enough to deal and not overly expensive. It was a decent domain.

I believe it is the same one Ian, but as far as end-users go, I've heard its on the high side. Sometimes domainer-domainer sales make us forget end-user prices. I maybe wrong :)

Maybe worth tapping the catcher on here and see if a little "in the gang" discount gets you anywhere ;)

Cheers fellas. It's a really good community you've got here and everyone's been super-helpful, but I definitely don't reckon I'm in the gang - at least not enough to make a difference :)

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom