Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet announces new policy consultation for expiring .UK domains

I signed up this account specifically to have my say on these issues as they affect me personally. You're just trying to restrict the voice of someone who's opinion you don't like by crying "troll" or "Nominet employee". I just want a fair system for the high value domains, I don't want them stolen by Hay or the Bulgarians.

That's perfectly healthy, no issue with that and if there wasn't troll like behaviour going on there would be absolutely no need for suggestions to restrict it to members of standing.

Am I right to assume you've been a member here previously? If so, why aren't you using your original login details? Is multi-accounting allowed in this community? At minimum, you'll face trust issues. You know this.

Finally, if you're Andrew Bennett then why in the name of God don't you just say so and go from there? You're producing a ton of interesting content on Twitter if you are. I don't understand the cloak and dagger, it's as if you're enjoying people speculating on who you are...and frankly that's immature.

So let's get back to developing a fair system.

I'm out of this thread, out of respect for forum members who don't want the serious issues about their future repeatedly de-railed. Just to put one thing straight on departing, Des: the man of many flags who presents as Derek - he is not Andrew Bennett. Andrew and I get on well, and correspond very regularly (almost daily at the moment). I think it's fair to say that Andrew is one of the grown ups in the room on Nominet issues, and his opinions are almost the complete opposite to 'Derek's'.

I'm really out the loop here but it seems clear and fair that the high profile 'new' posters of contention in a thread like this should be transparent about who they are or cease posting.

As I understand it @mcrick is David Thornton, please confirm or face another banning.

@Derek - please reveal yourself if you want to contribute to a thread of this nature.

I think it might be wise to remove Susannahs' mod status so that cannot be used against her until this is over. And yes she is actively involved in buying and selling domains and has been for a very long time, that was a rather sad and pathetic accusation David.

By mutual agreement, @Siusaidh is a regular user and not a moderator of this forum until further notice. One less mudslinging opportunity so we can get back on track and have civilised discussion.

I totally agree.

Just so people know, I wrote to Steve last night to suggest I withdraw, because all this stuff just derails everyone, at a time when people need to be able to discuss serious matters that impact their lives. Plus, conflicts of interest.

Perhaps Derek is Denys. Doesn't sound as conceited as Denys though, so perhaps not.

I already signed. The question is if big ones sign would it help? I know people in most big registrars, I don't think I'll get Godaddy etc. to sign but maybe smaller ones (but still huge) like Hexonet could do it. We are a valued client everywhere so I hope our voice will be heard.

Hexonet is on the Nominet members list so their signature would count.
On a separate note, it would probably help to be more active on this forum and occasionally respond to some concerns people might have about your activity ;)

This is the level of trolling that I aspire to.

You aspire to trolling?

Derek, you joined this forum just weeks ago, and the owner of the forum has asked you to "please reveal yourself if you want to contribute to a thread of this nature."

You have ignored that request. You've changed your avatar flags 6 times, which gives the impression you're messing around. I think ignoring the owner of a forum you've just joined is disrespectful. You may not agree.

At least we know who Kalin is. Your photo of 'Bulgarian farmers' the other day in my opinion was distasteful. I think the issue at the heart of this is that Nominet's rules could not be enforced, and it couldn't carry on. I've written to Nominet today, asking for a 12 month cooling off period, to try out solutions, and to show respect to people who have not cheated but who will be hit the hardest.

I'm not seeking a reply, with another new flag. You say you aspire to trolling, you ignore the owner, so what are you doing?

Oh, don't answer, you've been asked not to.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom