Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.org.uk domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm still relatively new to this game and up to now have bought exclusively .co.uk domains. I've often shunned .org.uk domains despite the .org.uk being available when all other TLDs have been taken.
Can anyone tell me what Google thinks of .org.uk domains when not used for their specific purpose ie, to support UK based charities/organisations?
How much of an anchor is a .org.uk extension compared to it's .co.uk equivalent when in comes to establishing and developing a new site?
If .co.uk is 10/10 what score would you give .org.uk? What is the highest price a .org.uk domain has fetched? Dones anyone have any examples of .org.uk domains they have reg'd and ranked?
Basically, am I wasting my time considering buying up .org.uk's?
Sorry, so many questions, any help gratefully received.
Terry

One quick reply from me Google isn't Domainist ;) or Extentionist not sure which :)

I have .me.uk's on page 1 for great key words and phrases earning a few Thousand a year.

If .co.uk is 10/10 what score would you give .org.uk?

Value-wise I'd give .org.uk 2/10, but they are definitely worth buying and are likely to keep rising in relation to .co.uk. .org.uk are just as easy to rank as .co.uk and that's what makes them worth buying.

Rgds

I must admit that I do like .org.uk and have several decent one word generics. I've had a few sales in the last few months that have been £xxx. Then again, I had a .me.uk go for £100 not so long ago. :cool:

There buyers out there who are willing to buy them and they are doing fairly well, especially in this economic climate! This all makes me wonder why some domainers are undervaluing when selling on AD!

Just my opinion and limited experience though!! ;)

Calum.

thanks for your replies. Im just trying to get my head around the relative value of a .org.uk v the .co.uk equivalent. Using Scotts purchase as an example, the .co.uk was valued at >30x higher than what he paid for the .org.uk so do you think that is fairly representative?
For example, I tried buying GreatNorthRun.co.uk but the owner withdrew an offer to sell for £950 so I snapped up the .org.uk for the reg fee alone, so GreatNorthRun.co.uk = £1k+, GreatNorthRun.org.uk = £6!!
Does anyone else have any examples?

I buy .org.uk's to build keyword targeted websites, I don't think of them as potentially saleable domains but over the past year that is changing too.

i personally think that org.uk are very under valued,very easy to rank and what a lot of people do is build a useful site and generate money then buy the co.uk at a later date with the money generated from the org.

mark

I cringe at the memory some of the .org.uk's I've sold at rock bottom prices now I see the value picking up.

You can't build a brand on it if you don't have the .co.uk in my view.

But like people said if you are using it for seo to drive traffic to your site, which growing amounts of traffic arive that way, then they are good.

Plus with crazy DRS policies in which if owners don't reply, they lose their domains for £200, you could always attempt to reverse hijack the .co.uk

According to Nom's rules you stand a chance of getting it

I'd think most members here already realise the minisite value, judging by the whois replies when checking lists.
Like Admin has said, you can buy .org.uk's to build keyword targeted websites, many of which saw the .co.uk version snapped up years ago. Lets be honest where some of the .co.uks are concerned, droppers seem to scrap for crap sometimes, fighting over single words that even the most vivid imagination couldn't envisage being of any use.
The fact that this thread seems to have a positive response speaks volumes i suspect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom