Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

outlook/office 2007 probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
is anyone using outlook and office 2007 as mine is just so frigin slow its a nightmare. have a well specced pc do i know it isnt that, any ideas appreciated.

How much email is in your outlook? Running Norton by anychance?

dont use norton and my emails are about 250 meg ish i total, why should this matter?

Shouldn't really be an issue then. I had issues running outlook and Norton with large amounts of email - would bring my machine to its knees. I use "The bat" now for email and this works a lot better for me / my machine.

I have a 1.2 gig mail pst file - and outlook is fine on a 1.2ghz laptop / 3.2ghz main pc.

You need to ensure that you have the right updates as one stops it running like a pig.

incidently do not try 2003 outlook or earlier with Vista as it will not store passwords!! :)

The other thing to do is check the size of your swap file. The normal rule-of-thumb says it should be 1.5 times the amount of memory you have installed, and it's hidden somewhere under My Computer (but I can't remember where as I use a Mac nowadays, it's great)

P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom