Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

part printed page CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a very boring black and white page, nothing special at all.

Only a few divs, and each can vary in size depending on what's pulled from the mysql DB. I'm using php.

Basically, most of the time that I print the page, It prints nicely to 1 page where everything is nicely laid out. I have print.css and screen.css stylesheets specified (they happen to be the same).

But sometimes when I print a chunk from the middle of the page is missing or is cut off (not even to be shown on page 2).

I see that css has elements like:
display:block; page-break-before:always;

but I'm not sure that specifying a pagebreak in a div is the best thing for me to do as most of the time my pages are well laid out and only 1 page.

I'm just trying to find a way that should the page be longer, that all the content is printed across the 2 pages with nothing missing.

Has anyone run into this problem and may know a solution?

Added:

Very weird I've just been playing around with browsers and settings and Safari (Mac) prints everything by dividing the pages without skipping any content (which is what I wanted), but Firefox (Mac) doesn't play nice !

You'll prob find its a ff issue then. I use opera myself as its pretty much the most strict of browsers. You may wanna goto the FF forums for a fix in a conditional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom