Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

PR5 domain - server-management.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i thought acorn was a decent place my view has now changed

if you can give a little leeway like under 60 seconds to some one that has gone through what i just have and dozed off a little coz of medication

well your a sad bunch of asshole`s

i had allready bid before 2-3 times on this

if you can give a little leeway like under 60 seconds to some one that has gone through what i just have and dozed off a little coz of medication

Steve, it wasn't a matter of just 60 seconds, PositiveMedia made his winning bid at 08:45:18pm and Woffer didn't post his next bid until after the 9:00pm deadline, by which time it was already too late too bid, and other bids after that including yours, were obviously even later ;)

Steve

Obviously I would love to sell it to you for a higher price - and if somebody else hadn't posted that the auction had ended then the bidding may well have gone higher.

I already wrongly identified the winning bidder - so strictly positivemedia actually won for £150 (not Woffer as I said). In fact Woffer's bid was not in time, so your bid which was more than 10 minutes after was an invalid bid following an already invalid bid.

This is the third time this has happened to one of my auctions so I have lost out every time.

Not really sure what else to say.

Stephen.

Hey guys, my bid was posted by my mobile at 8:55, not with the intention of sniping but merely because i was at the pub watching the football. After i had pressed submit a few mins later i went to look at my phone and it was still sending data so i refreshed and was 9 seconds to late, so completely understand and congrats to the buyer!

the timings are all to cock

when i placed my computer showed approx 60 seconds late

its difficult to tell which time is real time on here

and considering i pay a voluntary fee towards the running of the site

i feel let down and would also like to give notice to revert my membership to

a normal one so please dont take no money from my pay pal next time

i never mind admitting when i am a Muppet or get something wrong

but i do believe in a bit of compassion don`t you ???

i have never reneged since coming on here but certainly feel like my chips have pissed on nice coming out of hospital present guys

cheers thanks a lot

The other bidder won it by bidding at about 20:45, your bid was at 9:10.

You weren't 30 seconds late, you were 10 minutes late from when the auction ended.

That's not meant to sound harsh, but it's true, so I wouldn't take it out on the forum. Must be very annoying for Brassneck too.

i have never reneged since coming on here but certainly feel like my chips have pissed on nice coming out of hospital present guys

cheers thanks a lot

Steve - it's not personal. I don't actually know what else I can do but go with the forum timings. I think that is fairest all around, and really the biggest loser in all this is me.

Stephen.

cheers thanks a lot

The bidder previous to you bid after the ten minutes, and so even if you'd bid a minute after him you wouldn 't have got it. I agree with you though that there are real problems with auctions the way they are, as so many of them end up exactly like this, with people dissatisfied. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

server-management.co.uk

Look, I know I got server-management.co.uk and there are a few people who missed out on it that really wanted it, so....

I will consider selling the domain until 10:00am on Tuesday 26th April 2011.

At which point if I don't receive a price I am happy to sell it for, then i will keep hold of it.

There is no set BIN price, but I will accept offers by PM only. on Tuesday 26th April, after 10:00am, I will consider taking the highest offer and may sell it to them if the price is appealing.

This is not a guaranteed sale as I am still wanting the domain, however knowing that there is interest in it, I am willing to take offers until 10:00am on Tuesday 26th April 2011.

Just to clarify: I will be going off the time in the forum and if your even 1 second late, then it will be too late, so get your offers in early by PM only.

Last edited:

Thing is, if he had let it go to you, then that would have potentially pissed off Positive media who had got his bid in before the deadline. I wouldn't take it personally as Brassneck has already stated he is the one losing out but is doing the honorable thing by sticking to the rules.

It is unfortunate that you have been in hospital and i hope the very best for a speedy recovery, it won't do you good stressing out over not having got a bid in on time :p

Thing is, if he had let it go to you, then that would have potentially pissed off Positive media who had got his bid in before the deadline. I wouldn't take it personally as Brassneck has already stated he is the one losing out but is doing the honorable thing by sticking to the rules.

It is unfortunate that you have been in hospital and i hope the very best for a speedy recovery, it won't do you good stressing out over not having got a bid in on time :p

to all concerned yes it was a bad day for more reasons than one , i have rang Stephen to say it was not to do with him and had a great conversation with him i have a lot of respect for that man , also i pm`d positive media to mention it was nothing to do with him , to be honest my bone of contention was a new member with no track history of even buying a domain

telling me and others the way things should be and another butting in without consulting any of the other parties concerned hence my out burst

i have placed another bid on the domain to show consistency, well enough of all that and lets move on

server-management.co.uk still for sale.

Just everyone knows, i have had a few offers on the domain server-management.co.uk which is a PR5 domain.

I will not be taking any other offers after 10am on tuesday 26th april.

I should also say that the 3 offers that I have had are not at a level that will make me want to sell this domain.

As previously stated, this is not an auction, but a chance to purchase a domain with high PR and has generated some interest.

I am still open to new offers on PM only. It may also be worth the 3 people that have already made an offer to re-offer at a higher price IF you want to secure the domain.

Im not going to disclose the amounts of the existing offers, but I will say I am looking for more than I have been offered to offload this great, exact match, page 1, number 1 ranking PR5 domain name.

Just everyone knows, i have had a few offers on the domain server-management.co.uk which is a PR5 domain.

I will not be taking any other offers after 10am on tuesday 26th april.

I should also say that the 3 offers that I have had are not at a level that will make me want to sell this domain.

As previously stated, this is not an auction, but a chance to purchase a domain with high PR and has generated some interest.

I am still open to new offers on PM only. It may also be worth the 3 people that have already made an offer to re-offer at a higher price IF you want to secure the domain.

Im not going to disclose the amounts of the existing offers, but I will say I am looking for more than I have been offered to offload this great, exact match, page 1, number 1 ranking PR5 domain name.

Glad you will be able to make some cash from this - I'm not really too happy about you using this thread to re-sell it. A bit of a kick in the goolies given what happened......

Ok, i will start a new thread if you like. I was jsut trying to be reasonable to the people who missed out. And lets face it, were all on here to make money out of domain names.

its not just making money

its called doing the right thing

and the right thing to do would have been to have let Brassneck to

resolve the situation in his own way without people not concerned throwing there 2 p worth in

when things are just about the money its a bit empty really

those are my thoughts again nothing personal

if you feel that £100 profit with approx 48 hrs is not enough then i will

retract my bid , you new guys seem to forget if your in for the long haul

then doing the right thing is more important than the money

or being right on the button with the rules

but again my personal take on things ,

its a bit like the seo genius thing really

Smile.jpg

its not just making money

its called doing the right thing

Firstly, To be honest, I dont agree that people come on here to "do the right thing" and think that you may be a sore loser in this auction. saying "

and the right thing to do would have been to have let Brassneck to

resolve the situation in his own way without people not concerned throwing there 2 p worth in

when things are just about the money its a bit empty really

those are my thoughts again nothing personal

Secondly, would you call this doing the right thing? Below is a PM that I sent to Brassneck once the auction had finished:

"i am happy to buy it for my bid price, or you can go to offer for the higher price if you like

let me know. im happy either way mate.

if you want it to be me, send the invoice to"

Now if thats not fair play, then I don't know what is? Im sure Brassneck will confirm that message being sent, I can also show you a screenshot in my sent items if you still don't want to believe that some people like to try and do the right thing.

if you feel that £100 profit with approx 48 hrs is not enough then i will

retract my bid

Thirdly, There is not £100 profit in the sale if you offer me £100 more than what I paid for it, as I have already paid the nominet fee.

Also, I was offering the domain name to people to make an offer on the domain for its true value, NOT based on what I paid for it. But if your too stuck on what was paid fr it, then I guess I will just go and enjoy it myself.

you new guys seem to forget if your in for the long haul

then doing the right thing is more important than the money

or being right on the button with the rules

but again my personal take on things ,

lastly, I think I have been more than fair "being a new person" (some people just cant handle the fact that times move on, and that new businesses / people are competition, and will come first at times.

TO CONFIRM - THIS DOMAIN IS NO LONGER FOR SALE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom