Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Premium .co.uk's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm fairly new to domaining but I've been involved in affiliate marketing for a few years now.

I'm looking to purchase a few .co.uk's for development. These will be top of the range .co.uk's IMO. A couple examples:

Flowers.co.uk
Jewellery.co.uk
Beds.co.uk
DigitalCameras.co.uk

They are of the above calibre.

Anyway, my question is what kind of price do these kind of domains go for? I know it depends on the domain and the buyer, but I'm just looking for estimations. What would the above named domains go for do you reckon?

Also on another note, has anyone heard of Adsonline? Anyone had any experience dealing with them? Or are they like Nokta who come back at you with stupid counter offers.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Each of the above would probably go for 100,000 pounds or more, if you could even buy them. If you look at the top of this list...
http://www.domainprices.co.uk/Domain_Sales_Prices_By_Price_High.php
... you'll see that the kind of names you listed belong right along side the first few names. It wouldn't surprise me to see flowers.co.uk or jewellery.co.uk crack the 250,000 pound level since both sell in vast quantities online.

Digitalcameras and beds about the 100k mark.
Flowers 250k
And wouldn't surprise me to see jewellery hit upto 500k

Tip > don't bid on mobilephones;co;uk

I'd agree that under normal circumstances the names listed wouldn't be cheap.

Buying good names to order is always going to be more expensive than just buying good names though (ie trying to buy a specific name off an unmotivated seller is the toughest way to buy).

Take a look at Sedo's fixed price UK name list for the sorts of ballpark prices being asked for better names.

Take a look at Sedo's fixed price UK name list for the sorts of ballpark prices being asked for better names.

Do you have a link? I've not come across that particular list of theirs before...

Thanks, Ty_. You're right, some nice stuff but not at those prices (from a buyer rather than a seller's viewpoint, of course)...

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

The list of sedo domains is great, I'm looking to purchase a few on their.

I was expecting the above domains to be six figures plus but they're priced that way for a reason. Lets say you buy Jewellery.co.uk and become the market leader for jewellery online in the UK, £500k is peanuts for the kind of money you're bringing in from the site.

Also just thought I'd ask while we're here -- does anyone know where I can find some info on sales on specific products thru ecommerce stores? EG: Mirrors -- see how many were sold in the UK last month online?

Thanks.

Yes, you're quite right - but most people on the affiliate side of the equation don't have 500K to drop on a domain name, even a market-defining one... In fact, in my experience, most affiliates don't even understand why they should pay more than "reg fee" for a domain name, nor do they understand the benefits of an exact-match generic (cf many of the discussions in the "Domains" section of A4UForums for countless examples of such blinkered thinking).

I have never found an audience more willing to rubbish the concept of paying for decent domain names than affiliates, that's for sure!

Do you have a link? I've not come across that particular list of theirs before...

It says a lot about Sedo's site-design/marketing-abilities when someone who's been in the industry as long as Edwin didn't know this list existed (neither did I.)

A serious Sedo-alternative looks more appealing as each day goes by.

flowers/co/uk want in excess of £340k apparently that is the offer on the table

Makes sense. The UK flower market is over £2b, not sure how much of that is made online but it is definately a decent amount.

Thanks Ty,

It does my head in looking at domains which say £200, you click it and it says 'make offer' :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom