Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

See Margate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join the club sunshine.

F*CK 123-Reg, I lost over a dozen names.

Oh yeah the record for 123-reg NOT registering a domain, I paid for and as yet no refund in 50 weeks and counting, its 1 year on the 22nd May as I recall.

LOL i also saw this free to reg and was tempted.

I live in the town Broadstairs, next to Margate.

Interesting. What's Broadstairs like? I have Broadstairs.co.uk...

Back on the main topic, it would be interesting to see what the traffic profile of this kind of domain looks like, because that would give a strong indication of how many people watch the programme later via iPlayer vs watch it immediately (I guess iPlayer viewers will be MUCH more likely to try and visit a URL mentioned in a program because they're already in front of the computer rather than slouched on a sofa with their feet up)

For Skinner's sake, I have to say that 123 are a pack of "merchants", but not as bad as "merchant&merchant".

Regarding the "hotness" of the domain, if you get there in the first 1 or 2 days since the TV prog, you get enhanced results, otherwise the only extra market is the deaf people that record the program with signing = NVG for telemarketing purposes.

yes I was watching the tv last night lol I went for the .co.uk and I will put up a basic site and see how goes.

Never had anyone beat me to a reg yet, however there is always an anxious few minutes of pressing f5 on the whois page when i find a decent name free to reg :D

That is one of the most backward things I have ever heard!... There are so many other registrars that will reg domains INSTANTLY... You push the order button, check whois, it's yours... Why take the risk with a sub standard registrar? :-?

Rich :cool:

I would love to have brought that domain, margate is a lovely town.

Beiruit is a lovely town if you live in Blackpool ;)

With regards to 123, if you are trying to register a domain in double quick time then you should have your own tag. Systems such as theirs are designed for Mr and Mrs Smith and speedwise are more than is required generally.

Interesting. What's Broadstairs like? I have Broadstairs.co.uk...

Back on the main topic, it would be interesting to see what the traffic profile of this kind of domain looks like, because that would give a strong indication of how many people watch the programme later via iPlayer vs watch it immediately (I guess iPlayer viewers will be MUCH more likely to try and visit a URL mentioned in a program because they're already in front of the computer rather than slouched on a sofa with their feet up)

Margate needed more than rebranding it needs "Little Boy" dropped on it.

Broadstairs is the a nice quiet town with the odd few yobos about. I would spend some time on Broadstairs.co.uk if i was you. The summer months get real busy here. We have a water gala, folk week and various other bit running through out the year.

Thanks, Darren.

For Skinner's sake, I have to say that 123 are a pack of "merchants", but not as bad as "merchant&merchant".

Regarding the "hotness" of the domain, if you get there in the first 1 or 2 days since the TV prog, you get enhanced results, otherwise the only extra market is the deaf people that record the program with signing = NVG for telemarketing purposes.

You're forgetting that the Apprentice is sold worldwide and repeated ad finitum on Sky channels.

seemargate.co.uk
seemargate.org.uk
seemargate.com
seemargate.net

Registered / Created: 13th May 2009 :cool:

There might appear some articles in the online news sites discussing the episode too, which could give the name a bit more traffic. Recently someone else in this forum bought some unregistered domain related to botox which had been featured as a headline in a printed newspaper, but pretty quickly the same article appeared online in many places. So perhaps some modest long term value?

Doesn't say much for those clowns on the apprentice who really reckon they're business bigshots if none of them thought of registering it. Those pillocks couldn't organise their way out of a wet paper bag.

I can't believe the bbc hadn't already reg'd the domain. I think they missed a trick there ;)

I can't believe the bbc hadn't already reg'd the domain. I think they missed a trick there ;)

Well they're more interested in censoring the news and posting tv licence notices to people who don't watch tv

I seen in the daily mail the other day in huge letters across 2 pages Poison-by-post.com

I regged it and set up a 1 page site using Amazon stock, wish i had just parked mine.

Anyway, 1st day 513 UVs

All other days 100+ UVs because the URL is mentioned on lots of big sites.

Hardly any clicks and no sales though :(

Keep us updated Wayne :cool:

i guess its not mine....waiting for a reply from 123 (that could take a while)
im not too bothered if i havnt got it as in a couple of days it will be old news.
just abit p1**ed off with 123 for taking the cash/sending me the invoice etc.
where does one stand when this happens? what would you do?

full refund just been received.
must say that was some great support!!
might aswell spend it on another name......any ideas:confused:

cheers dtm...but i think i will give that one a miss.
got my eye on one, but its a .org.uk with a hyphen, nice name though:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom